38. Mukti's dangerous plan

Date published: 29.06.22

Words: 1170+ Words

--*--*--*--*--

Few hours earlier...

Nan: Come Navya, I will drop you.

Nav: Ok Lara Maa, I can call you Lara Maa. right? Actually Nandu is a dear friend of mine, so her mother would be like mother, no?

L.M.: Definitely dear, and Nanda's friend means my daughter.

Bidding them adieu, Navni left the orphanage in Nandini's cab.

Nav: Nandu, Thank you thank you so much that you made me meet these angels. I will never forget this day. It's true that I never thought fab 5 would go to this length for a child. Alya, Mukti, Dhruv, Cabir, Manik everyone did so much to complete children's wishes. But the most fun task was Manik's, I can never forget his condition.

Nandini recalls Manik's condition and his I-give-up look, and a chuckle escapes her mouth.

Nav: By the way, you look good when you laugh. You should laugh like this always, I would love it.

Nandini smiles at her.

Nav: Nanduu, stop the carrr, fasttt.

Nandini stops the car with an abrupt break.

Nan: What happened Navya, are you fine?

Nav (smiling sheepishly): Actually I don't wish to go to the hostel now.

Nan (sighing in relief): Aiyappa!! Navya you scared me. Ok fine, where do you wish to go if not hostel.

Nav: I want to spend time with you. I only have you as my friend, now on a Sunday, if I sit in my hostel room in such a unknown yet beautiful city, that would be not fair.

Nan: I didn't know you are this dramatic.

Nav: Now you know right? And you would know a lot many things about me when we'll spend time together, please...

Nan: Ok fine. Tell me what do you want to do?

Nav: umm... I wish to eat an ice cream, let's first go and grab some ice creams?

Nan: There's a vendor in the next lane only, you sit here only while I just get it.

Nav: Let's go by car only no?

Nan: This is a one way road, you wait, I'll be back in a jiffy. And be a bit careful, this area is a bit aloof.

Nav: Ok, come soon.

Nandini leaves from there.

Nav: I always wished to drive since childhood, but could never fulfill it. SO what if I did not drive, at least I can sit on the driving seat and enjoy that experience.

Grinning widely, Navya shifts from passenger seat to driver's seat. She was imitating Nandini while driving. Zooooomm, zummm, zummmm

A bit far from the car was another car with 4 men.

1: Bro, who's the girl?

2: Madam said a lady taxi driver, she said to follow this taxi, and when she is alone then complete our task in hand.

3: But there are 2 girls in here.

4: Not are but were. A girl just left, probably she hired the taxi. And the one sitting inside is the driver.

2: You are right, come let's finish our work.

All 4 men proceed towards the cab and they find Navya sitting on the driver's seat. They knock on the window. Navya gets scared and asks them what through her eyes. They gesture with their hands to open the window. Navya refuses and turns her head on the other side.