15. The lady cab driver.

Date published: 14.04.22

Words: 660+ Words

--*--*--*--*--

Manik was sitting idle on the terrace, looking at the stars which give him peace, a way to run away from surroundings.

Cab: Hey bro! What's up?

Man: Hey! You here so soon? Dad didn't give you food or what?

Cab: Haha.. not at all funny.

What are you thinking?

Man: What would I be thinking? Nothing.

Cab: Really? Nothing? About no one?

Man: What do you want to say? Why would I think about someone?

Cab: Hmm..

By the way Nandini...

Man: What Nandini? Are you mad or what Cabir? Why would I think about her? How does it matter to me what she does that I think about her?

Cab: But I didn't say that you were thinking about Nandini. I was just saying that Nandini is very smart. The way she tolerated all our tortures and back answered is commendable.

Man (looking here and there): Yeah whatever.

Cab: But why did you react like this? What is going on Manik? And please, don't you dare to say nothing because the way you were lost in her eyes, I noticed that. And today after our prank, when her stomach ached, then why could I see her pain on your face? And instantly Manik sir wishes to have ice cream. You knew it that in case Nandini asks us to drink vinegar, to counter its effect, we had kept ice cream ready but Nandini didn't. But still, you called for ice cream and that too for Nandini especially.

Manik (self talk): What should I tell Cabir, when I myself don't know why I did that? Why can't I see her in pain? Why it hurts me to see her struggling? Why I want to free her from all the pain? Why do I want to be her healer? I can't let her come close to me but all I want is HER TO BE CLOSE TO ME. I can't let her affect me yet SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO AFFECTS ME.

Cab: Manik, where are you lost?

Man (looking straight): She doesn't affect me. (turning towards Cabir) did you hear that? SHE. DOESN'T. AFFECT. ME.

Cab: Are you informing me or are you consoling yourself? Whom are you trying to convince Manik, me or yourself?

Man: I know it that she doesn't affect me and you will come to know when I will defeat her in this challenge, you will see.

Saying so Manik leaves from there.

Cab: You were right partner... Nandini is the one who can make Manik dance on her fingers, brace yourself up Cabir, I guess MNMRA needs to stopped.

_______________________________________________________

Muk: Damn it! This car had to break down only? And couldn't you check it earlier?

Driver: Sorry ma'am, but repairing this would take time. You may go in taxi if you wish to.

Muk: Then why are you standing here? Go stop a taxi.

D: Ma'am, if you don't mind, shall I say suggest something?

Muk (annoyed): Tell me

D: Ma'am, on this highway you might find a taxi, but it is not necessary that the driver would be decent enough.

Muk: Then what do you want? Should I keep standing here? Leave it, I'll call up my friend.

D: Ma'am, there is a service which provides lady drivers. And after 9 p.m. they only cater to lady customers. It will reach here in 20 minutes, if you have no issues, shall I call for that taxi then?

Muk: Yes, call for it. Anyways, my friends won't be able to reach her before 30 minutes, but do whatever you want fast.

D: Sure ma'am.

The drivers calls the centre and asks for a taxi at the location.

After 20 minutes, a cab stops near Mukti. Mukti steps in and informs the cab driver about the address.

Muk: Please drive fast, I need to reach there soon.

Cab Driver: Yes ma'am

Muk (self talk): I feel like I have heard this voice before.

_______________________________________________________

Mukti steps down from the taxi as reaches Malhotra Mansion.

As soon as she goes to pay the driver, she sees the driver and shouts..

YOU!!!!

--*--*--*--*--

Who is this driver?

Would Mukti tell about this person to Fab5?

Would this affect their tuitions?

Keep Commenting

Love Love

Anks