11. The aftereffects of Day 1

Date Published: 10.04.22

Words: 550+ Words

--*--*--*--*--

Malhotra Mansion: 

After getting cleaned up, and that was literally by taking shower 5 times, fab 5 thought of relaxing at the pool side.

Al: I am still in shock, I mean that boyish girl, she had the guts to play OUR prank on US!!

Muk: Seriously! I never thought that she would be so adamant to stick to us.

Dhr: Well, if I would have been at her place, I would have run away immediately to get myself cleaned up but she stayed back in that getup for  4 long hours, being patient all the time.

Cab: Well her patience paid off well! I mean she could have asked us anything at the end, as per the deal we couldn't have said a NO to her like she could have told us to maintain silence from next time or to pay attention to her but no, she chose the wisest thing. She paid us back in our way, man she is really is something!!!

Muk: Cabir, are you really praising her? What's wrong with you?

And gets up to hit Cabir and with that starts their never ending chase..

Amidst all this, Manik was lost in his own world. He was physically present there, but his mind was still stuck at what happened few hours ago. He wasn't able to get it out of his head. Flashes of his collision with Nandini wasn't ready to fade away. All he could see was her eyes, which were so unsoothingly calm, all he could feel were those unrecognized feelings, which he got on falling upon her. He himself had no freaking idea that why was it happening.... on one hand, he claimed to dislike Nandini as she was the only one who got all his emotions out of him, she was the only one who broke all his walls that he had built around him and on the other side were these unrecognized feelings, this unwanted attraction towards Nandini.

Dhruv then sorts the fight between Mukti and Cabir: Stop it, that is enough, I think it's quite late, we should leave now.

Cabir turns towards Manik and finds him lost in his own world. he goes to Manik: What's up bro? Where are you lost?

Man: Huh? What? No.. I am just a bit tired.

Cab: Yes, you are tired mentally rather than physically. So tell me what are you thinking.

Man: Nothing man, I am just tired. Guess I need some peace, Will see you guys tomorrow then, good night.

Cab: Okkay, as you say. Good night.

_______________________________________________________

While driving on the busy roads of Mumbai, all that Nandini could remember about the day were Manik's eyes, she could see some deep rooted pain in them, a pain which she could relate herself to, a pain which is unknown yet very familiar to her, a pain which she could as a reflection of her own pain... and all of a sudden Mrs. Neyonika's hurtful eyes flashed in front of her, the longingness that she had heard in her voice, the plead in her voice to step into her son's life, she was getting a faint idea that there is some sort of difference between Manik and his mother but what is it, why is it she couldn't make it out at the moment. With all these confusions she drove back to the centre and then left for her house.

--*--*--*--*--

A short double update. 

Keep commenting

Love Love

Anks