With the brightest smile on my face, my finger cuts through the envelope and pushes out the piece of paper.

Clue two: Chocolate and Cheese-- what an odd match. They don't typically blend together like the world tries to convince us, but we make a tasty treat like a chocolate cheesecake snack.

Easy-peasy lemon squeezy. Taking the bouquet of Peonies, I skip into Asiel's house with his workers, ignoring my presence in the kitchen and continuing with their work. Cartwheels loop in my stomach as I open the fridge, seeing the navy blue letter again. It's ridiculous. Every time I think about him-- I'm thinking nonsense. I'm in too deep-- I'm losing all sensory of my movements.

Like Asiel said, today is all about me. For one day, I don't want to think about all the indiscretions I'm keeping inside. Today, I just want to be an average couple, celebrating their birthdays as if it was a holiday. Not the girlfriend with the mission of killing her boyfriend. For today only, I'm going to lock the guilt away in the corner of the basement in my mind.

Maybe it's selfish, since I'm not the key person in this equation. I feel like I'm making it all about me when it's about Asiel. I want to protect myself, but is that fair to Asiel? He deserves to know the truth, even with the consequences. Nausea swirls in my stomach as I replay a trillion different reactions that are all bad.

Leave the feeling in the basement, Mika.

With my eyes shut, I inhale through my nose and exhale out of my mouth. Like cotton candy dissolving on your tongue, the guilty sensation crawls underneath the happiness soaring through my veins. The refrigerator's shelves are loaded with every dessert known to man. Honestly, I don't know how he made all of this-- cookies, pies, ice creams, cake, and many more. How am I supposed to decide?

As I shove a marshmallow into my mouth, I rip open the next clue and read, "Clue three: It starts like a blank whiteboard, sort of like our lives-- a blank slate, if you will. Colors spatter from every angle to create an impeccable foundation. It's one frame, like a picture stuck in time. In this clue, it's you."

At first, I thought it has to do with his canvas, but the last sentence throws me off. It wouldn't hurt to check to make sure. Before leaving the kitchen, I grab a bowl of banana pudding and a can of whipped cream. A perfect breakfast, if I can say so myself. I squirt the can into my mouth until the whipped cream threatens to fall out.

Upon opening the door, I cough out a glob of my banana pudding onto the floor from the sheer surprise of the room. Usually, Asiel has this white room as a basement for extra activities, but today, it's transported into a walk-in closet shop. There are endless selections from comfy, elegant to sexy. After the rows and rows of clothes, sits a cashier, tapping their fingers on the keys and waiting for me to get anything.

Apart from the cashier are two associates with a measuring tape on their shoulders, sporting radiant smiles. It's almost too much to comprehend. Who gave Asiel the brightest idea to spoil me to the max? He's going to make me into a snobby brat. My mouth slacks open at the sight of the zeros on the price tags.

"Good morning, Miss Santana. Mr. Morterero wanted us to assure you to purchase anything you want. It's going to go on his black card, and he says-- there's no limit on the card and to buy as much as you can carry. Though he suggested the macron dress in the far left corner." She grins, extending her hand with the letter in it. "This is the next clue."

As much as I wanted to go break my arms with every piece of clothing in my own personal store, I wanted to reach Asiel faster. Besides, what's the point of trying on dresses if my man isn't here to check me out? Also, I'm desperate for a kinky fuck in the fitting rooms. It is my birthday, and he has to grant all my wishes. Sex, sex, and sex-- god I love sex.