088; i've already said yes

third person.

it was nearing four in the morning when the couple were sat either end of their kitchen table with bowls in front of them. mollie moving around the cereal in hers as corbyn continued to blow on his soup for it to cool down.

they had been sat in silence for the past half hour while mollie stared down at her phone screen, reading through the different remedies to help with a fever and frequently looking up at him to ensure he was still okay.

"what's your favourite colour?"

"what?" mollie looked up from her phone.

"i don't know that about you." corbyn stared at her in slight confusion, "i don't know all these small little facts that i should know, i want to know your favourite colour."

"i don't have one." she shrugged.

"everyone has a favourite colour, mollie." he tilted his head and raised his eyebrows.

"i don't." mollie shrugged again and laughed, "i never really thought about it."

"favourite animal?"

"don't have one."

"...food?"

"don't have one."

"do you have a favourite anything?" he frowned.

"...person? you." she slowly nodded and smiled at the boy, "that's about it."

"what if someone asks me to prove my love for you and then asks me to name your favourite colour?" corbyn asked her.

"why would they go for my favourite colour to prove your love?" she furrowed her eyebrows, taking another spoonful of her cereal as corbyn shrugged.

"life or death situation. someone's got a gun to my head and i'm free to go if i can name your favourite animal." he explained, "i say you don't have one, they call me a liar and in less than a second i'm dead. all because you didn't tell me you love elephants."

"i think you're fever is making you delusional." she smiled at the boy as he shook his head and laughed slightly, looking down at the soup he had made before he glanced back up at her.

"but i do need an answer." he replied, "do you have a colour you like a lot?" he asked, glancing around their apartment for any splash of colour, "what paint colour do you use the most?"

"i use a lot of green." she shrugged, "i'm only now realising our apartment is so boring and bland."

"i thought you liked simple." he said, "we can change it up if you want."

"maybe a bit of colour won't hurt."

"what's your lucky number?" he turned to her again as she shook her head, "you don't have a lucky number?"

"have you ever seen anything lucky happen to me that wasn't bad?" mollie asked him as he paused.

"...no." he mumbled, "okay well.. favourite season?"

"i like winter."

"finally, i'm getting out of that gun situation." he let out a sigh of relief, "winter though?"

"i thought that would've been predictable." she smiled slightly and shrugged, "winter matches my dull personality."

"i hate when you do that self hatred talk, stop." he shook his head and frowned, "i also hate that you're wearing that right now."

"what's wrong with my shirt?"

"it's red." he met her eyes, "and it's low cut, it's basically screaming my name. did you plan that?"