036; i'm not feeling that

third person.

mollie had opted for meeting corbyn in the airport when he landed rather than waiting for him to return back home, giving her a few extra minutes with the person she was desperate to have in her arms.

she stood by the gate with his mom by her side, deciding to stay with them rather than be any inconvenience to nicole for a few days by being with her, and giving her a chance to sleep beside her boyfriend until she'd go back to her brothers.

and although she expected a few fans waiting for him as most of them were aware of where he was headed, she seemed to be the only girl stood there waiting for the singer to walk through, her body tensed up while fiddling with her rings.

a sigh of relief escaped her lips while watching the tired boy walk through the gate, his shoulders letting go of any stress as they immediately dropped while he walked over to the pair, letting go of his suitcase before he engulfed his girlfriend into a hug.

"hi mom," he mumbled, giving her a small smile while still keeping his arms wrapped around mollie.

"hi honey," she replied with a smile, grabbing his suitcase for him.

after the long hug eventually came to an end and corbyn had given saskia a small hug, his hand intertwined with mollie's as the three of them made their way out of the airport and over to his mom's car.

"i've got a headache," he mentioned as they all got into the car, immediately looking to his girlfriend as she tilted her head slightly, "when did you get discharged from the hospital?"

"two hours ago," she replied.

"why aren't you in bed?" he frowned.

"because i was waiting for my boyfriend to get back from whatever city he was in," mollie explained, "but i can go to bed now."

"we also had to get lunch," saskia added on, "we got noodles."

"you both got lunch?" corbyn asked, staring at mollie who replied with a nod.

"i had pasta not noodles," she faintly smiled, "but we both got lunch."

"i'll take you both out tomorrow for lunch, so you won't miss out corbyn," saskia told them with a smile, watching corbyn nod in return.

"i'm suggesting dunkin," corbyn said.

"i'm not feeling that." mollie shook her head, watching him turn to her confused as she avoided eye contact.

"...usually that's all you ever want." he replied.

"i've gone off of it for a few days." she shrugged, "i'm not sure why."

"okay," he nodded, "mom can decide then, anywhere but dunkin."

"i'll see what options we have later today," saskia told them both.

the rest of the journey was spent in a bit of an awkward silence, corbyn and mollie unsure of what to say to each other for the first time in a while with both of them needing to put their emotions aside and comfort the other, yet also aware they'd be called out if they did so.

as they arrived back at the besson household and corbyn took his belongings upstairs, his girlfriend soon followed him with two glasses of water that his mom suggested they had, so neither of them would be dehydrated.

and so they both fell backwards onto the boy's bed, laying beside each other in silence while they both let out sighs, "i had an idea."

"hm?" she looked at him.

"i don't really want to stay with my family for so long because i'll get really annoyed, and you don't want to stay at your brothers because you aren't talking." he began as mollie nodded along, "what if we go stay in la at our apartment for a few weeks?"

"i have that dance class." mollie frowned.

"i forgot about that," he sighed.

"but that finishes in about a week and a half," she mentioned, "so we could go then? it gives me time to prepare to actually leave here."

"...okay." he slowly nodded, "i just thought maybe we could be there together and regather ourselves without family in the way."

"and we can also sleep in the same room," mollie said.

"and that," he raised his eyebrows and laughed slightly, "is max not going to call?"

"uh, i don't think he knows yet." she sighed.

"are you in pain?" he asked, turning to face her while she shrugged.

"i ache a little bit but it isn't too bad," she told him, watching him reply with a small smile, "are you in pain?"

"physically? no. mentally? ..yeah." corbyn admitted, his smile falling as mollie suddenly had a concerned expression paint her face, "do you know what i need?"

"what?"

"a really nice cuddle," he smiled at her, "with a nap included."

"we can cuddle," mollie replied with a nod as they both moved over to where the boy's pillows were sat, soon cuddling into each other as their legs were intertwined.

with his head pressed up against her chest as his arm lazily draped over her waist, corbyn's eyes were already closed as mollie ran her hand through his hair, hearing him let out a small groan while pulling the covers over them.

"i missed you," corbyn mumbled, "i love you so much."

mollie frowned while he spoke, guilt overtaking her as she let out a sigh. with tears filling in her eyes, the longer it took to get a response out of his girlfriend only led for him to slowly look up at her in confusion.

"sorry," she shook her head, covering her eyes with her hands as the boy furrowed his eyebrows.

"don't apologise for crying," corbyn replied, "what upset you?"

"don't worry about it," mollie mumbled, wiping her eyes as she looked at corbyn, noticing how concerned he looked, "i just feel bad."

"...about what?"

"what i did." she shrugged, "but i don't want to talk about it."

with a nod in response, his head fell back to her chest again with a sigh, his thumb gently caressing her waist, "i love you."

"i love you," she quickly said, placing a kiss on his head as corbyn blinked back the few tears in his eyes.

a/n

hm well what's goin onnnnn