078; she's all yours

third person.

the evening before mollie's brother and his family were due to arrive in la, the girl had been forced out of the comfort of her apartment to a party downtown that corbyn had been invited to. with him not wanting to go alone, he begged his girlfriend to come with him as company despite the friends he knew would be there.

and shortly after arriving, he had accidentally left mollie alone as he went to speak to his friends, leaving the girl stood in the corner with her drink gripped in her hand waiting on him to return to her.

not even ten minutes after she had been stood alone, a group of people had approached her with the suggestion of weed. after some slight hesitation, the girl eventually agreed and was guided upstairs towards the balcony where they had all been stood.

"did you come here by yourself?" one of the girls asked her as she shook her head.

"oh, no. i did come here with my-"

"mollie," corbyn said stood from behind the girl, watching her turn to face him while he walked over to her, "are you okay? i was looking for you downstairs for-"

"i just came up here with some people," she shrugged as corbyn furrowed his eyebrows.

"what for?" he asked with a sigh, glancing behind her shoulder to the group of people stood in a circle and the subtle smell of weed, "...i thought you weren't going to have anymore of that."

"it's actually proven to be good for you." mollie looked at him as he continued to stare at her, "you should try it."

"you don't even know these people." corbyn argued as two individuals walked up beside mollie.

"hey man she's with us," the guy spoke up, gesturing to mollie as corbyn glanced to him before he let out a sigh and grabbed his girlfriends hand.

"we're just going to find an empty room for a few minutes," corbyn replied while pulling the girl to him, "she'll be back."

"oh." he raised his eyebrows, "she's all yours."

"i know." corbyn nodded, pulling the girl away from the crowd and down the hallway towards the spare rooms.

"great now people think you're dragging me away to hook up, corbyn." mollie said as corbyn stayed quiet, "people don't know we're dating."

"it's fine." he told her.

"i don't want people thinking i have sex in other peoples beds at parties," she replied.

"come on," he softly spoke, guiding her into the one empty room at the party and closing the door behind them, watching her sit on the chair by the desk as he turned on the lamp the other side of the room.

as corbyn slowly walked over to where she sat, his hands went either side of the chair and held onto the arm rests, leaning down to her and keeping his face inches away from hers, hearing her take a quick deep breath and glance to the floor.

"what's been on your mind recently?" he asked, keeping his voice to a whisper while his head moved down to meet her eyes.

"i've just been in my head a lot." she shrugged.

"about what?" corbyn replied as mollie shook her head, biting on one of her fingernails while the boy let out a sigh and backed away from her, sitting himself on the end of the bed whilst his eyes were locked on the girl, "it'll be a lot easier if you told me."

they fell into a silence while corbyn watched mollie fiddle with her rings, waiting on her to speak up rather than forcing her feelings out, he eventually rested his hands behind him and leant back, moving his gaze to the floor.

"my life doesn't ever feel like it fits." she finally spoke up as corbyn's eyes broke away from the floor and up to his girlfriend.

"what?" he mumbled.

"i'm in virginia and i feel like i'm not leaving behind my childhood but when i'm in la i feel like it isn't where i should be and i feel like i don't have anything here," she met his eyes as he had suddenly paused, "i don't know where i'm supposed to meet an equilibrium with it."

"i know you need to be here and you have this.. amazing career but i don't and i'm sorry that i feel-"

"you don't need to apologise for how you're feeling," corbyn interrupted her as she sighed, her hands falling into her lap while she watched him frown.

"i feel guilty for not being in virginia," she said, "it's where max is and it's where my dad and grandparents are buried. i'm the only person not there."

"do you want to be in virginia?" he asked, "we can make it work if you'd rather live there."

"...i like sharing an apartment with you."

"doesn't answer the question," corbyn slowly shook his head as mollie tilted her head and sighed.

"long distance won't work for us," she replied.

"mollie." he threw his hands up in confusion as he huffed, "long distance would work fine if we put in the effort. we'll have to do it when i tour anyway."

"i'd still fuck it up somehow," she replied as he threw his head back in annoyance, "i don't want to live in virginia but i also don't have anything out in la to do."

"do you want to get a studio again down here and we can figure out how to move your little business thing to la?" corbyn looked back at her, "your dance classes and such? we can figure out a way to-"

"i want to do what i did with diana." she said as her boyfriend furrowed his eyebrows slightly, "i had that small group of young girls and helped with their struggles.. i wanna do that. help kids or teenagers use dance or art or something as an outlet."

"okay." corbyn nodded with a slowly growing smile, "focusing on just that age group or?"

"no i think... i don't know, maybe girls and boys from the ages of five to sixteen." she shrugged, "i got told a lot last time that i was helping them with their anxiety and it made me feel good about what i was doing so.."

"i'll get that organised for you." corbyn said, "we can make it work."

"are you sure?"

"i don't want you living here just for the sake of me, angel." he titled his head, "i want to make sure you're enjoying yourself here too, i'll make something work, i promise."

"you don't have to do that, i can do it myself it's okay."

"i'm going to help," he nodded, "i'm not letting you try do it alone, i'll help and pay for as much as i can."

"you're not paying for anything." she gave him a subtle smile.

"i'll help you get a studio again." he smiled, "a good one, that has everything you could possible need, deal?"

"...deal." she gave him a nod.

"your dress is nice by the way," the boy said, looking his girlfriend up and down with a slight smirk on his face, "who was the guy that was stood by you?"

"i don't know his name." she shrugged.

"he wanted to fuck you."

"what? no he was asking if i wanted to smoke some-"

"yeah that's friendly talk, he wanted to hook up." corbyn told her as she rolled her eyes and shook her head, "don't talk to guys you don't know at some party."

"don't leave your girlfriend stood alone at a party," she argued while folding her arms and smiling, watching him roll his eyes as he sat back up, "that'll teach you."

"i got carried away, i'm sorry." corbyn shrugged, running his hand through his hair as mollie gave him a nod.

"thank you for listening to me." she said.

"...thank you for trusting me," he looked at her with a soft smile.

a/n

matilda by harry styles is mollie's song. that's all i have to say. matilda = mollie butcher.

STOP OR MAX. OMG MAX. matilda = mollie AND max. that's all.