093; we're never baking again

third person.

with the couple having no plans for the evening, corbyn decided on improvising a date night and telling his girlfriend they were going to bake some cupcakes to eat while watching a film as a way to completely one of her tasks set by her therapist.

and while at first mollie disagreed because it sounded too childish, corbyn eventually convinced her otherwise and he grabbed the ingredients they needed.

"i didn't even know we had ingredients for cupcakes." mollie said, looking at the recipe corbyn pulled up while her boyfriend tied back her hair for her.

"we have lots of things," he nodded, tightening the hair grip around her hair before he placed a kiss on the back of her head, "we just never cook anything."

"we should learn to cook some meals." mollie told him as she watched him scroll down the recipe on his phone, "we should actually go grocery shopping together... like adults."

"with a shopping list before we go otherwise we'd get distracted." corbyn laughed, handing her the butter and sugar that he had already measured out, "ok pour-"

"i'm not doing all of this." she frowned, "you can start."

"okay." he raised his eyebrows, pouring the first two ingredients into the bowl and whisking them together, "you can crack the eggs."

"on your head?" mollie smiled at him as she leant against the kitchen counter, tilting her head while he glanced up at her.

"sometimes you are so funny." he laughed, "the bowl my love, into the bowl."

"okay." she sighed, grabbing the first egg from the smaller bowl and cracking into into the current batter before doing the same with the other egg, "eggs feel so gross."

"you find everything gross."

"baking is gross." mollie raised her eyebrows, "...i am trying to enjoy this i'm sorry, i sound so negative right now."

"okay here," corbyn said, grabbing the waistband of her sweats and pulling him over to where he was just standing, tipping the flour into the bowl along with the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt, "you can mix this bit."

"with what?" she asked.

"your hands."

"no way."

"i'm kidding." he laughed and handed her the whisk, "use this."

"okay," mollie nodded, beginning to attempt to whisk around the ingredients while corbyn watched her do so, a frown slowly appearing on his face.

"mix more aggressively, jesus." corbyn shook his head, "all you're doing is making them mingle."

"mingle?" she glanced to him confused.

"yes, this is speed dating." he pointed to the bowl, "be aggressive, make them flip to the other side of the room and mingle further."

"that's so weird," she said through a laugh.

"mollie now is the time to use your aggressive side," he told her, "come on."

"i like the way i'm doing it right now." she continued to laugh as he let out a groan.

"i'll help." he replied, grabbing their smaller whisk as he shoved it into the bowl and tried to help her mix.

"corbyn." mollie laughed, hitting his whisk out of the way as she moved the bowl closer to her, "fuck off. it's my turn."

"you're doing it all wrong."