011; i'll clean up the glass

third person.

"i think we need to be a bit strict on who comes," max said, sat at the kitchen island with his sister who hadn't said a word to him throughout their whole funeral planning, "corbyn and nicole are a definite yes."

"i know your friends love her so they can all be welcome to come," he continued, glancing up at her while she stared at the piece of paper they were using. the girl being too drowned in her own thoughts to pay attention to her brother as he let out a sigh.

"you broke a promise," mollie looked up from the counter at him, "did you forget that?"

"now isn't the time to argue with me about something i couldn't control," he replied with a frown.

"but you knew from the beginning." mollie said.

"we'll organise this funeral tomorrow," he sighed, grabbing the paper as he stood up from the stool before walking over to the kitchen counters.

"you knew?" she repeated with a mumble, her mouth partly dropped open while max turned to face her.

"i knew she wouldn't make it to christmas," he admitted, folding his arms and leaning against the counter as he watched mollie stare at him in disbelief, "if i told you that before our early christmas you would've freaked out and that wouldn't have helped her."

"so she also knew?"

"yeah... that's why she gave you her necklace." he slowly nodded, "but she didn't want the christmas to be about trying to make the most of her last one."

mollie continued to stare at him while she sat in silence, her fists clenched up and biting her tongue as her eyes filled with tears. it came clear to max that she was feeling ore than just sadness and that there was some built-up anger needing to be let out while she took a deep breath.

"we just-"

"why the fuck would you not tell me that?" the girl interrupted him, "nana was like our mom and you just decided not to tell me that'd be the last time i saw her?"

"no, i was going to tell you before you left so if you wanted to stay you could," he argued, "it was when you picked up the fact she was acting different and i looked worried, i didn't have it in me to break it to you when you just arrived."

"you didn't break it to me at all." mollie raised her eyebrows, "in fact, you lied to me over text and said she was seeing friends on christmas day."

"nana said herself she didn't want you to worry," max shrugged, "i knew because i had to take her to the hospital appointments as her carer, i just needed the right time to tell-"

"there isn't a right time to tell someone something like that," she interrupted him as max sighed and walked over to the girl, "i told you to promise that she'd be fine and you did even when you knew different."

"did nana want to tell me?" she asked, watching max grab a glass of water while he stayed quiet, "did she?"

"well.. yeah eventually," he shrugged, "but we didn't know it'd happen that weekend."

"that's fucked up." mollie told him.

"what? the fact that we were going to tell you but it happened before we got the chance?" max looked at her confused.

"you both knew and i didn't, if i knew i would've arrived much earlier than i actually did," the girl argued, wiping the tears falling down her face.

"mollie i know i'm in the wrong, okay?" max stood in front of where she was sat, "i feel bad that i didn't tell you in time but that's only because i didn't know it'd happen so soon, we were told another two weeks."

"...you're an asshole," she choked out, shaking her head while she turned away from the boy.

"i'm sorry." max said.

"that won't bring her back."

"mollie," he sighed, placing his hand in her shoulder as it was quickly shook off, "i'm trying to talk to you about it."

"i don't want to talk to you." mollie replied with a shaky voice, still using the sleeve of her hoodie to wipe her eyes.

"then have some water and calm yourself down so we can-"

"i don't want your fucking water," mollie soon turned herself back around, knocking the glass of water being held out to her out of her brother's hand while it fell to the floor and shattered.

and while max stood there frozen, astrid and corbyn quickly came down the stairs from the sound of the glass only to stop halfway, their eyes fixed on the two in the kitchen.

"can we calm down and talk about it later?" he asked with his voice in more a whisper.

"no i'm not talking to you ever again," she shrugged, the girl's voice more raised while max watched her stand up and grab her car keys.

"okay well i don't trust you driving right now if you're angry," max said while taking the keys from her hand.

"fine i'll take your car."

"you're not leaving the house like this i don't trust you." he told her, grabbing onto her wrist to prevent her from walking over to the front door as she immediately flinched and pulled it away from him.

"touch me again and i'll punch you," she looked at him, backing away towards the office before she walked into that room and slammed the door behind her.

and with the two still stood on the stairs, they glanced to one another before looking back to max, the guy stood in the same spot while he stared at the door leading to the office, running a hand through his hair in frustration.

not even ten seconds later he threw his head back while letting out a deep sigh, throwing his sister's car keys back onto the counter and walking out the front door to go sit on the porch.

"...so which one of them broke the glass?" astrid spoke up while they both walked down the rest of the staircase.

"mollie seemed angrier so i'll assume her," he frowned, "you can go check on max i'll clean up the glass."

"what about mollie?"

"i'll give her a few hours," he shrugged.

a/n

hello i want to be friends w all of u so bad ur my favourite people ever

anyway theories?