084; i didn't push you

( TW! ...a bit of a domestic ? bad fight ? )

third person.

since the band had returned home from their north america tour, jack and nicole had been too busy to see the friend group with their new family while the rest of them arranged to meet up at a restaurant for a meal.

and while it was the first time corbyn was seeing them since the recording of their most latest song soon to be released, his worries seemed to be more on his girlfriend than the actual reuniting of the band.

mollie had been sat in her seat with a full plate of food in front of her, zoned out and staring at the wall opposite where she sat and just above charlie's head.

"why have you been so off since you came back from nic's?" corbyn whispered into her ear, leaning back again once he finished his question as his girlfriend turned her head to him.

they locked eyes for only a couple seconds as mollie stared at him blankly, turning her head back to the rest of the group without saying a word to him.

corbyn furrowed his eyebrows slightly as he looked across the table to where daniel was sat, catching his attention as he proceeded to nod to mollie in confusion.

"i don't know," corbyn mouthed with a shrug.

"you look a lot better than when we saw you last," zach spoke up with a small smile, sitting across the table from mollie as she looked at him, "you look healthier."

mollie let out a sigh as she looked zach up and down, eventually giving him a small glare while his smile fell and he nodded at her instead, turning himself back to the main conversation.

"that was intimidating." zach mumbled and scratched the back of his neck, folding his arms while jonah and daniel looked at corbyn with their eyebrows furrowed.

"...i think we're going to call it a night." corbyn earned the attention of the group as he put on his jacket, standing up from his seat as mollie quickly followed behind, "gotta be up early for rehearsals so.."

"we don't have rehearsals tomorrow," zach said as daniel kicked his leg from under the table, "ow!"

"mollie has some stuff with her studio to sort out," corbyn shrugged, his hand moving to his girlfriends back as she gave everyone a small wave goodbye.

after corbyn exchanged his goodbyes with the group and the couple left the small restaurant to head down to his car, they made the small walk in silence with corbyn's hand still on her back.

opening the car door for her, he gave mollie a quick smile before getting into the drivers side and putting on his seatbelt, eventually pulling away from the building.

while corbyn let out a sigh, he glanced over to his girlfriend who sat with her head turned towards the window, taking occasional deep breaths as she fiddle with her rings.

"do all moms fall in love with their kids?" mollie broke the silence between her and corbyn, staring out of the window as corbyn glanced to her.

"what do you mean?" he asked, "like over time?"

"nicole stared at rory like she was the only star in the night sky, like she fell in love with her the second she saw her," mollie explained as she fiddled with her rings, "astrid looks at iris like she's everything she's ever wanted, do they all do that?"

"i mean... yeah." corbyn nodded, "they always say moms discover some kind of new feeling of love when they hold their newborn."

"did saskia do it?"