003; celebrities are assholes

third person.

corbyn and mollie arrived in virginia late friday night, with nicole and jack due to arrive the next morning in time for julie's early christmas celebrations.

upon arriving to the butcher household, where julie had been staying recently just to spend time with her grandson, the couple walked up the driveway with their suitcases being dragged along behind them.

"guess what i got nana," corbyn smiled, the pair walking up the steps as mollie looked at him, "a lot of shit for all her knitting."

"she's going to love you more than she already does." mollie replied, opening the door to the house and walking in, glancing over to the living area where four of them sat.

once they placed their suitcases down, the couple walked over to the couches with a small smile on both of their faces as the attention was turned to them.

"hey," max stood up, walking over to his sister as he bought her in for a small hug.

"i never consented to the hug," mollie replied.

"i don't care." max shrugged, giving a smile to corbyn before they all looked towards julie, the lady zoned out as she stared at the floor.

"nana," mollie called out, watching her jump slightly before she looked over to the girl stood beside her boyfriend, "hi."

"hello dear," she smiled, standing herself up while letting out a sigh, hugging both her granddaughter and corbyn.

"i got you a present." corbyn told her, an excited tone in his voice before he grabbed it from his suitcase.

watching corbyn and julie engage in a conversation as she took the present kindly gifted to her, mollie looked over to max with a frown and her arms wrapped around herself, noticing the concerned look on his face which he quickly tried to hide with a smile.

she looked back to her grandma, the lady with a lot less colour than she used to have and her movement slow, more shortness of breath and less excitement than she would show before.

"i'll take our things upstairs," mollie said, grabbing her suitcase and walking over to the stairs as corbyn looked at her.

"do you want me to bring mine it's-"

"i'll take it." max said, grabbing corbyn's before following his sister up to her bedroom, "mollie."

placing her suitcase down with slight aggression, she turned to max who was closing her bedroom door, hearing her let out a deep sigh and shake her head, "you know something i don't."

"i was going to let you get settled in before i said anything," max replied.

"i don't like that worried look on your face." she told him, "i don't like that she's acting weird."

"she's not well." max said, "she's sick and i wanted to tell you that in person, but this isn't an early christmas."

"she said it was."

"she wanted an early christmas so she could see corbyn and nicole during the holidays," max explained as mollie's face was slowly dropping, "hey, she's fine. she's got medicine for this sickness and she's staying here, i'll look after her i promise."

"it's just like a couple years ago," he continued, "it's that same sickness, she'll be fine."

mollie stood there with her arms folded, her eyes widened slightly as she stared at her brother, biting the inside of her cheek while max frowned.

"you promise she'll be fine?" mollie asked him.

as his sister glanced to the floor, he bit his lip slightly with furrowed eyebrows, immediately turning his expression back into a small smile once she looked back at him, "i promise, she'll be fine."

"okay." mollie nodded, walking back out of the room and downstairs as max took a deep breath and let his forced smile drop again.

and as he walked down the stairs, he clapped his hands together once before sighing, "alrighty, what do we want for dinner?"

"a five course meal." corbyn placed his hands on his hips, "get your cookbook out pretty boy."

"okay mr celebrity." max laughed slightly.

"celebrity?" he raised his eyebrows, "max, that's such a nice ego booster wow, thank you."

"you need to get me involved in this social media stuff," julie nudged corbyn's arm, "i want to be a celebrity."

"celebrities are assholes." mollie told her, grabbing the bottle of vodka from the counter as it was immediately removed from her hands by max, placed back on the counter.

"and i've been humbled." corbyn nodded.

"celebrities aren't that bad." astrid chimed in as she looked at the group, her daughter in her arms while mollie laughed slightly.

"you haven't met any celebrities." max looked at mollie, "and the one you just humbled over there doesn't count."

"nana they're bullying me." mollie looked to julie with a frown, "tell them to stop."

"what's nana going to do?" max asked.

"she's a feminist." mollie shrugged and smiled, turning back to the cupboards.

"we're not saying anything about you being a female." corbyn argued as he looked to max.

"you're picking on a female."

"she's being an asshole." corbyn smiled.

mollie gave him a glare before she turned to max, immediately following his gaze over to julie who was trying to find her balance and keep up with her breathing at the same time.

"nana," max said, "go sit down."

"i'll be fine dear i-"

"come on," he interrupted her, linking his arm with hers, "doctor said it's better to rest."

with corbyn watching the pair, he turned to his girlfriend with his eyebrows furrowed in confusion, then noticing her stare on her grandma with her body tensed up.

"okay well i'm gonna go shower before dinner," corbyn said, heading up the stairs as mollie quickly followed behind him, "are you joining me?"

"no," she replied, closing her bedroom door, "unless you want me to."

"i don't mind," he looked at her, "do you want to have-"

"i don't want to have sex in the shower with my brother in the house," she smiled slightly.

"he won't hear it, the shower is like a noise blocker." corbyn argued, "we learnt that in our apartment."

"just ten minutes," he continued with a shrug.

"did you bring any protection?" she asked him.

"...no." he mumbled, "i didn't think we'd need it because we're only here like three days and with your family."

"that's unlike you to not bring anything."

"i'll pull out." corbyn shrugged it off, grabbing onto the girls waist and guiding her through to the bathroom, "i'm great at that."

"ten minutes." mollie pointed at him with raised eyebrows, "that's all."

"yes ma'am." he nodded and smiled.

a/n

hehehe i'm so powerful