We got you Angel

I immediately fell asleep on the plane, unable to keep my eyes open for an other second after all the emotions I endured today

I immediately fell asleep on the plane, unable to keep my eyes open for an other second after all the emotions I endured today. They even managed to bring me to the car without waking me up after the flight, because now I slowly stir awake as I feel arms wrap around my body to lift me up. My eyes flutter open, the dark night greeting my eyes as they adapt easily to the surroundings.

I find myself looking up at Blake's face who is the one gently holding me as he walk me out of the SUV. I turn my head to the side to see the big stairs of our house that lead towards the main entrance. Blake notices my movement and looks down at me, a soft smile on his lips.

"I got you Angel. Keep sleeping." He says in a gentle voice to not shock my ears that just woke up from an 11 hour trip. I shake my head from side to side, too excited and rested to go to sleep again. I try to giggle my way out of Bee's grasp but he sternly advises me to stop that. My stubborn self rolls my eyes at him and asks him to let me down. I feel the need to enter my home on my legs and not in the arms of someone.

"For Christ sake Lila." Blake snorts and gently puts me down on my feet, still keeping a hold on my waist so I could stabilise myself. I admit that my legs once again wobble under my weight and I have to grip onto Blake shirt to not fall over, which makes him chuckle because he knows he is right. I send him a death glare to shut him up, which he takes as a challenge to send me one back. He has been playing this game longer than I and eventually I stand down with a pout.

"Come on. Let's get you inside Lila."

Blake helps me walk up the stairs, until I finally arrive in front of the door with a short breath. Beaten, I ask him to scoop me up again and together we walk in the mansion, a sigh of relief escaping my lips.

"Can you put me in the living room and gather everyone in there please ?" I request my brother, as a few ideas pop into my head and that I want to implement. He executes himself without complaining and a few minutes later everyone is in the living room babbling around about what still needs to be done between different gangs and the Knight weapon business.

Jace seats himself next to me, pulling me towards him where I can comfortably rest my body on him. Everyone sits down on the couches, except the twins who prefer to stay on their feet, leaned against the wall.

"It's nice to be back home." I start, getting a few smiles here and there from this simple but true statement. "So after everything that happened we didn't really have time to to take in the losses we had..." I trail off, crossing the gaze of Ethan who lost Grace not too long ago. I watch him look away from me, the pain very clear in the simple words I just said and I can't help the stinging feeling in my heart by thinking of the love of his life. Jace tenses next to me as he probably thinks about the loss of Will. Gab mirroring his reaction.

The lump in my throat grows, and I have to clear my voice before continuing. "I want to organise a funeral for the both of them. Gab and Jace... you knew Will for the longest so I want you to help me get this done for him. He deserves our recognition."