Monstrous creation

~ Jace Reed~

I splash some ice cold water on my face and lift my head up to meet my own exhausted gaze in the mirror of the bathroom. The under eye circles I have had for the past three days have been getting worse and have been painting my face with darkness. It reflects the same darkness that has been weighing on my inner self since the day Magnolia was send in the hands of the Italians. And in the hands of the traitor, Elijah for the matter of fact too.

Three days.

I close my eyes for a second as I take some deep breaths in, and immediately the images that we got from a beaten Magnolia minutes ago flash in front of my eyes.

With a tight grip I hold unto the edge of the sink, making my knuckles turn white to stop myself from thinking about her. But it has no use.

A second later my fist collides with the mirror as I let out an angered yell. It shatters in a thousand of pieces, making a chaotic noise. I don't even feel the sharp pieces of glass cutting my hand open, only my inner pain seems to suffocate me.

"Jace ?" I hear the voice of one the brothers, on the other side of the door and I close my eyes once again to take a deep breath in to at least have some control, as I answer back.

"What !" I snap back, harsher than I would have wanted. With my bloody hand I open the door to come face to face with a blank Leo.

"Thanks for destroying our mirror." Is the only thing he says as he eyes the broken pieces, before turning around to head back to the living room. Thanks for the sarcasm fucker. With a small nod he indicates me to follow him.

When we enter the room, a heavy silence weights in it and the only thing I want to do is to break things. Get my mind off of the horrific events that keep repeating in my mind. The silence breaks when a phone rings on the other end of the room, which makes us all turn our heads towards Blake, who looks at his phone, rage painted on his traits.

He answers it within a second and I feel Leo tense next to me.

"Who is it ?" I force the words out of my mouth and ask the second eldest brother, who's chest rises up and down at a quick pace while he watches his brothers intensely.

"Elijah."

I feel like a bomb has just dropped in my chest. That fucking bastard ! He is the whole reason that this is happening and he DARES to speak to us. To Blake.

"He wants to help."

"HELP ?!" the words burst out of my mouth, before I could even contain them, which earns me a furious glare of all the Knight siblings that dislike the fact I disturbed this call. "Are you all fucking around with me ?" I spit out the words with venom, as I try to contain my anger, making my chest rise up and down faster than it should.

Damon shakes his head from side to side and let's out a breath, before standing up from the couch to walk towards me with a firm pace. I walk up to him at the same time, until we face each other. He puts his hands on my shoulders and that's when I realise that my whole body is trembling out of anger. I break away from his grip, unable to handle his burning touch on me.

I just need her. Her touch. Her soft hands holding mine. Nothing else.

"He is trying to find a way to help her get out of here. Elijah send us a text while you were destroying our bathroom to tell us that he wants to help and explain his actions." Damon explains in a cold tone while facing Blake to look at his posture to see if he could understand what is going on on the phone.