Desperation

Will ?" I breath out in a weak and choked voice, as William Osler, aka the stupid boy in my class stands in front of me in the territory of the Italians with a worried look on his face and a gun in his hands

His tall figure rushes over to me, and I watch his lips move as he says things to me, but the ringing sound in my ear blurs every other sound away. I can only stare at his worried face, one that I had tend to forget over these past few days.

As his hand enters in contact with my skin, I am abruptly thrown back into reality, as everything hits me like a truck. This is really happening. Will's eyes search for mine as we both stare at each other in the eyes for seconds. His look only holds pure worry and pity for me, which immediately answers my question whether he is on my side or not. My gut feeling tells me he is and so does the look on his face.

"I am so glad to see you alive Mags." He breaths out, and looks at my body up and down to analyse every little wound that paints my skin with red, purple and blue. With caution he grazes the bruises with the tip of his finger.

I part my lips to say something, but no words come out, as an overwhelming relief of finally having the chance to get out of here is given to me. His eyes widen when he sees the huge slash on my bare abdomen that I didn't even notice, and with a swift motion he rips a piece from his t-shirt off. With his eyes he asks me if he could press it against my wound and I accept and close my eyes for the few seconds where the material of his shirt presses against my cut to stop the bleeding.

"Fucking hell..." he mumbles, as he puts pressure on the wound to stop the blood from gushing out. "I am gonna kill them I swear." I tend to give him a small smile to thank him, but it is sadly transformed into a grimace of pain after a few seconds. "Keep pressure on it. Don't want you to bleed out under my watch sweetheart." He jokes and if I could, I would hit him straight in his shoulder for that stupid comment. And just for a second I feel like I am normal. Just a second.

Will turns his head towards the exit door, which is my cue to start analysing the situation we are currently in.
When he turns his head towards me, a cold expression lingers on his face and I can only understand that this far from being over.

"We need to go. The Italians should arrive every second now. Can you walk ?" He says to me with a soft voice, as to try and smooth me as much as he can. I nod, and with that he spins around and jogs towards the door to check if the way is clear or not. With a small hand gesture he tells me to advance towards him and I do so and ignore the pain that rips through my body each time my feet hit the concrete floor. So many questions stumble back and forth in my head; how did he know ? Is he with my brothers ? Are they here ? Is Jace here ?

"Once you get out the door, turn right in the corridor. Run. The second grey door on your left is the one you should open. I will be right behind you okay ?" He explains the instructions of what is going to happen, but I don't seem to wrap my head around everything, as each of his words blurred together. "Mags ?" He asks worriedly with my lack of response.