The bait

The sedative hasn't been working , so I have been lying in the bed, numb to the bones

The sedative hasn't been working , so I have been lying in the bed, numb to the bones. Sleeping is not an option, as I fear of ending back in that cell, as soon as I close my eyes. Maybe this all around me isn't even true and I am just imagining all of this; Jace, my brothers, Will...

Will.

I still can't believe it. My heart shatters all over again, just by thinking of him laying in my arms as life slowly begins to leave him. His eyes void of any emotion or even pain, staring at the ceiling. Dead

I close my eyes harshly to make the images leave my mind, making a few tears escape my eyes and roll down my cheeks. I dig my nails into the palm of my hands, as I clench an unclench them into fists. I don't want to feel like this... it should have been him to get out of this place, not me. He gave me his bulletproof vest to wrap it around my torso, but if he had it on him he would still be by our side right now. It's not fair, it's not fair, it's not fair.

As I feel that I am suffocating in this room, I grip the needle connected to a wire that is inside my arm, before ripping it out with a slight wince. I push my legs of the bed to let them come in contact with the floor, and I start pushing my self up to finally stand on my feet after a few miserable attempts. I am so weak I might end up fainting if I continue to walk, but I need to get out of this room.

I need air.

I stumble towards my door, holding onto the walls for support, and open the door only to find the halls in darkness. On my left side, I distinguish a dim light that comes from under a door, so I slowly start walking towards it. Who would be awake right now ? They should be resting after the fight they pulled up today and the days before that.

As I make my way towards the door, I hear multiple voices who seem to be having quite a discussion, as their tone is all by soft. I approach the door and lean against it, as I try to hear the discussion that is happing in there between what I believe are Leo...Ethan and... Jace ?

That is definitely weird and I want to open the door to see what they are discussing about, but I freeze my hand that is on the door handle, ready to push it down, when I hear the few words spoken by Ethan.

"Magnolia was right." he pauses for a second, juts like I pause my breathing, as I want and dread to know at the same time, what part I was actually right about. "She was right about being the only cure about the deadly virus in that vault."

A small gasps leaves my lips, as the words I wasn't so sure about are spoken from Ethan. I maybe thought that I missread all the information on the paper from the lab person that I also happened to kill, all the adrenaline and fear making me crazy. But Ethan affirming that in real life, makes it all even more true, him being a genius, the main brain from the family.

The discussion keeps on going, talking about how I am the only one that can get rid of that virus and how it could kill me if I do. The information goes in my brain, but it's like I am completely numb to react to that. I just stand against the door, breathing slowly in and out, my throat tightening, as I stare at the hallway wall in front of me.