Continuous echo

My long strides resonate in the hallway of the mansion as I make my way towards two people I haven't even cared to talk to since a few days

My long strides resonate in the hallway of the mansion as I make my way towards two people I haven't even cared to talk to since a few days. Not that I really care about them, it's just for my knowledge that should pay a visit to them.

I knock on the bedroom door and wait for it to be opened which is what is done seconds later by Elijah Woods. Without a word, he signs for me to enter the room and as I do so, I spot his sister Zaya sitting upright on the bed, her dubious and frightened eyes watching my every step.

"Zaya this is Jace. He helped me get out of the place, after I went back to get Magnolia, who also is her boyfriend." Elijah explains as he sits next to his sister and brings a protective arm around her shoulders before turning to face me again. "He wanted to know how you were doing after everything."

The fifteen year old girl's face relaxes a little bit with the information that was just given to her by her brother. I keep my face straight, unable to give her even a tiny bit of compassion for what happened to her, because she is part of the reason why Magnolia is that state and that Will, my best friend, is dead.

"I can give you some contacts back in America to make sure you get there safely and that both of you are treated the right way, once you leave Castello Di Fiamme. I organised a jet for the both of you early in the morning tomorrow so you can fly back to the U.S and get settled there. Passport and money will all be waiting for you in the plane, so you don't have to worry about that either." I explain the Woods siblings with a flat tone, as they both carefully listen to the things I have to say and that they were absolutely not expecting.

Since Elijah betrayed the Italians after being in their gang for what looked like quite some time, he lost everything including his own gang and feel like it's the least I can do.

I just want them to leave, their presence reminding me too much of all the shit that happened, so that's the reason I am sending home to start a new life and I hope that after that I will never hear from them again. I am just so done with everything right now.

Elijah nods his head grateful for what I have done for them both, but in his look I can see that he understands what I really am trying to do here. He doesn't seems to  search for a way out of this which is clearly the best decision fro him and Zaya.

"Thank you Jace, I really appreciate everything you have done for us." Elijah expresses his gratitude and stands up to extend  his hand to shake it with mine to say our goodbyes. I shake his hand and give a last goodbye to Zaya who hasn't taken her eyes of off me since the moment I entered.

When I nearly crosses the door to leave them, Elijah stops me one last time, but I don't bother to turn around, as I wait for him to speak.

"Do you think I can pay a last visit to Magnolia ?"

My blood boils in my veins at the same time that I clench my fists that are resting along my sides, and if I could I would swing them right in his fucking face, but I contain myself and take a deep breath.