Rage to keep fighting

Drops of rain start falling down as I am sitting in the garden of Castello di Fiamme, the coldness of the water cooling off my burning skin

Drops of rain start falling down as I am sitting in the garden of Castello di Fiamme, the coldness of the water cooling off my burning skin. I stare straight ahead of me, but my gaze turns towards the entrance when a car enters the driveway followed by a few security SUV. By the looks of it Greyson left the mansion and is just coming back now.

He steps out of his car, balancing multiple pizza boxes in his hand and I realise that I haven't eaten since yesterday morning. Greyson spots me and indicates for me to get inside, but I don't react and just turn my head, shifting my gaze towards the garden I have been looking at since an hour. I have a lump in my stomach and just thinking of eating makes me want to throw up at this point.

A few more minutes pass in silence, until I hear footsteps coming from behind me and in the corner of my eyes, I see Tucker sitting down next to me with a few slices of pizza on a plate.

"You need to eat J." He says as he shoves the plate in my hands and I immediately want to hand it back to him, but he holds it in its place, already aware of my plan. "Dude, you haven't eaten in days, it's no good for you. Magnolia wouldn't be happy, seeing you starve yourself like this."

Tuck knows damn well what he is doing by evoking her name. I fucking hate him.

"Fuck you Tuck." I utter the words, before grabbing a slice of pizza, which owns me a winning grin from the leader of the Devil's Sons. With that being done, he leaves me to myself again.

Hours pass, and I check on Magnolia regularly, always trying to enter her room to get to her, but Leo knows me too well and waits for me outside of her room, guarding it like a fucking dog. Only after a day of us roaming around the house, we are allowed to see her.

Leo lets Blake and I go in first, the sight of her leaving us both frozen in the entrance of the room for a few seconds. The flashback of seeing her on the floor of the vault flashes back in my mind, stabbing me right in the heart, so I have to push myself to make a step forward.

Her white face is painted with dark blue circles under her eyes, her cheeks hallow which gives in her tiredness that is eating her up.

"Motherfucker." Blake spits out next to me and goes to one side of the bed and takes one of her hand in his. This movement makes her green eyes flutter open and her gaze falls on her brother. Her lips tug upwards just in the slightest, but uttering a word already seems like too much.

I can't see her like this. Fuck !

She hasn't seen me yet, so I carefully turn around ready to walk out of here, but a small whisper makes me stop dead in my tracks, as I barely manage to recognise the voice.

"Jace."

It's her. Asking me to come back to her. Slowly I turn in her direction again, and immediately our eyes meet and my breath is taken away from me. Still so beautiful.