Enemies kept closer

~Ethan Knight~

And with simple words, the surgeon makes my world shatter in thousand and thousands of pieces.

"We couldn't save her"

The words that leave his lips feels like I am being stabbed in the chest by hundreds of knives at the same time. Nothing ever hurt like this, nothing can compare, not even the multiple bullets that already ripped through my body can put up with this pain.

All the memories and images from her flow back in my mind, overwhelming me completely. Her blue eyes sparkling with joy, when she laughs at my cheesy jokes. Her laugh ringing through the room and touching every soul that get the chance to hear it. Her sweet voice calling me at night to tell me she can't sleep, because I am not with her. The warm cookies she baked and secretly brought me in the back of our garden. Her smile... oh how I am going to miss it... all of her is just... gone. Forever.

I fall to the floor, my legs unable to hold on to the weight of this loss.

Grace. I loved her. And now she is paying for it with her death. It's my fault.

The tears flow down my face, as Blake tries to make my numb body stand up again. But I can't. Not without her. This can't be.

I was happy for just a little while, but Life didn't agree with it, so it took what I loved. Grief envelops me for the time I am crouched on the floor of the hospital, but as time passes, an other feeling sets itself in me. A feeling that is battling against the hole that was created in my heart.

Anger.

I want revenge. The people that did this are going to pay. The Italians are going to pay for what they did, because I won't allow them to walk all over us like this. I will make them suffer, no matter how much it costs.

It's been hours since I got the news and I haven't been able to move. But now that Anger is at its highest point, I swiftly stand up on my legs, earning a few worried and devastated looks from my family that I completely shut out, and I leave the room.

I storm through the corridors, heading straight towards the secret garage that is hidden under the hospital and that we own. We own it all, because after all my mom grounded this Hospital and it is currently wearing her name in her honour.

"Ethan stop !" I hear my twin yell behind me, probably trying to understand what I am thinking about.

"Leave me the fuck alone Blake ! I don't have time for this." I yell back with glaze eyes, without turning around to face him. I just need to get home right now and figure out a plan to destroy the Italians. I will find their weakest spots and press on them, until they fall on their knees, begging for forgiveness.

I tape in the code to access the secret door, so I could take a car and head home. Blake wasn't such a fan of my plan though and gripped my shoulder before I could enter the garage. I turn around seeing red and ready to punch him in the face, but I stop myself when Blake embraced me in his arms.

This small movement of affection from him, makes me turn the switch of anger off for a few seconds.

"I'm sorry. She didn't deserve it." Blake whispers, concern and hurt laced in his voice. "But please tell me what you plan on doing, because I can let you do something stupid. Not right now, so just let me help you."

"I-I need to do something Blake... I can't take it. They need to pay for what they did."

"I know Eth... just let me come with you okay ? We will go home together, I'll drive." Blake doesn't really leave any room for an argument, as he slowly drags me to a random car he chose. I don't even see, when we leave the hospital and arrive at our mansion, because the memories of her just storm through my brain, making we disconnect with reality.