Greeted by darkness

~Magnolia Knight~

When I gain my consciousness back, I wish I never did.

My legs are still numb, and when I open my eyes to see where I am, my eyes are greeted by darkness.

I can feel the cold floor under my body, making me jump up in shock, to which I wince, because of the pain I have in my body. But that is the least of my concern right now.

In panic of being alone, I bring my knees to my chest to comfort me as much as I can. I try to rethink the events of last night, which earns me a headache, that I chose to ignore.

Than it all comes back.

Grace's death.

Elijah's heartbreaking trahison.

The bitch Abigail. Or Valentina.

By instinct, I intend to grab my necklace that succeeded so many time to ease my anxiety, but as I touch my neck, my hand is left with nothing. Only Emptiness.

I hold back a sob, as tears start to trickle down my cheeks. The growing fear only intensifies, as I remember the words Bee told me about the necklaces...

« They are the key to everything,  you can't ever let go of it do you understand me »

I failed. I was supposed to keep it safe, but I was dumb to trust someone I shouldn't have.

I desperately try to find a way out of this dark room, patting my hands all over the floor, to find anything, but I have no luck. My search gets interrupted, when a door on my left opens, brightening the room up in a second, because of the light in the other room.

I raise a hand to protect my eyes from the bright light, unable to see who opened the door.

"Looks like our prisoner finally woke up from her little nap." A low voice mutters, no hint of emotion in his voice. A shiver runs down my spin, as I notice the thick Italian accent in the spoken words.

I only shrink further to the back of the room, looking around the room to take in a much details as I can. Maybe there is a way to escape out of here. But I find nothing in the room. Just four blank walls, and a thick door that stands between me and freedom.

I hear the footsteps of the man coming closer towards me.

I have to gather my courage up to look at the man that is probably the reason why I am held hostage at this exact moment.

He is wearing a suit, covering nearly every inch of his tall frame. His dark eyes pierce through mine, as a disgusting smirk forms on his lips.

"What do you want" I say, successfully hiding any kind of emotions in my voice. The man that must be in his forties slowly begins walking closer to me and crouches down to be at my level to look me in the eyes.

His silence only makes me more anxious and when he starts lifting his disgusting hand up to caress my cheek, I punch him harshly in the jaw.

Anger takes over him, as he sends a hard punch back in my face. The power of his mouvement sends my body to crash to the ground, pain irrupting through my body.

Trembling I sit back up to face him. Showing weakness at these moments is the worse thing you can possibly do, and I learned that thanks to the years of beating I got from Steve and Nick.