Just Breath

I open my eyes, a bright white light flashing right in front of my eyes, making me wince and shut my eyes again

I open my eyes, a bright white light flashing right in front of my eyes, making me wince and shut my eyes again. I attempt once again to open them, more cautious and manage to gain a better vision of my surroundings as the white light fades away.

I hold my breath, the familiar surroundings triggering pure shock, as the white endless corridors of the underground warehouse appear in front of me. A noise behind me resonates, grabbing my attention instantly which makes my head spin around to look at the cause of it.

William is standing there, walking past me and urging me to move forward, as if we were chased by someone. I just stand in place, completely frozen, looking at his features, his figure, his face... it's like we are taken back to the night everything turned into pure chaos and the time where Will lost his life...

But this... everything seems so real... him, me running through the corridors, searching for an escape...

"Mags come on !" Will hurries and grabs my hand in his, the contact of his hand in mine feels so real... but I don't understand... he was dead...

"Mags ! What are y-" he stops mid sentence, his body turning rigid suddenly and I fear that I might witness the terrible night once again...

I can't do this again. I can't see him dying all over again. I shut my eyes closed and open them in hope to see this all disappear, but it doesn't. Instead I see Will's eyes widen in shock as he looks down at my stomach, his breathing accelerating by the second, as he approches me so carefully that I frown my brows.

"You... Mags-" he stutters, unable to form proper words, as he extends his hand towards me in a hesitant manner, but the fear in his eyes makes me question everything. I look down to where he points his hand to and suddenly it's like I am stabbed in the chest, an excruciating pain shooting right in my lungs, cutting my breathing short.

I am paralysed when I see what Will is pointing out, fear and pain taking the best of me. Blood is escaping a hole in my chest, as if a bullet went right through it and just now when I see the wound, the pain of the wound appears out of no where.

My legs give up under me and I fall to the ground, gasping for air and clinging to my chest with my shaky hands, as I let out a cry of pain. The air won't attain my lungs, just like when I was in the vault after I let the virus out of its box.

"No, no, no, no, it can't be true..." Will's voice resonates in my ears, as I keep my eyes steady on him, my body slowly falling backwards against the cold floor of the corridor. What is happening ? Am I dying ?

I shift my gaze to look at my hand that is now covered in my own warm blood that keeps pouring out of the bullet hole in my chest, turning my shirt red.

"Wha-what is happening w-with me Will..." I question Will in front of me that seems to not realise the messed up situation we are in right now. He was shot. Not me.