Constant inner fight

I need to leave tonight

I just woke up still numb on the medicine, and see Jace laying on a chair next to my bed, his arm resting on my thigh. A smile creeps on my lips, as I just lay there, looking at him sleeping, enjoying these few minutes of peace before everything goes to chaos.

He steers awake before suddenly shooting his head up, as if he never actually wanted to fall asleep. His eyes meet mine and a sight of relieve escapes his lips.

"Hi." He mumbles and runs a hand through his messy brown hair. I reply the same and start to push the covers away from me, as I swing my legs to the side of the bed, which owns me a look of disapproval from Jay.

"And where do you think you are going ?" He strictly objects and intends on pushing me back down, but I stop him with a movement with my hand.

"I need to get breakfast and I don't intend on staying stuck in this room for it. So just let me enjoy my breakfast in the dining room with everyone else. Please." I beg him, which makes him rolls his eyes, and with that I understand that I convinced him.

Seconds later he gently passes one of his hoodies over my head, so it covers my tiny figure and he scoops me up in his arms, before walking out of the room. I snuggle closer to him, until we arrive in the dinning room, where most of my brothers already are eating.

I hear a wave of disprovals, when they see us arrive and Blake is the first to stand up from his chair, with half a toast in his mouth.

"She should be resting for christ sake Reed !" he angrily replies, worry filling his traits as he walks over to us. I instruct Jace to let me down, which he does, before kissing my forehead and just for a second I need to hold onto him for support, as I nearly fall over.

"Get her back in her r-" Damon starts but I cut him off directly.

"I don't want to be locked up again ! It's like I am back in that Fucking Cell don't you get it ? Just leave me the fuck eat with you and then I will return to my bed and rest... but please don't do this to me too !"I speak up with a much firmer and angrier voice than I expected, but it leaves them completely dumbfounded. Not a single person in the room objects, so I make my way to a free chair on the long dinner table and slump down on it, already exhausted from all of this.

Everyone follows and sits down, offering me and starting genuine and simple small talk, not even mentioning what is happening around us, something I am grateful for, because just for a few minutes we manage to just be normal. I even recognise Tucker on the opposite side of me and he shoots me a lopsided smile with a mouth full of pancake.

This guy seems like totally something else, as he makes conversation around the table telling his most hilarious anecdotes that leaves the table laughing. Especially when he tells about the time, he accidentally locked his best friend up in a dustbin next to a club, both of them completely drunk, and he was looking for him over two hours, before realising where he truly was.