Colliding emotions

I bang my fists repeatedly against the metal door, getting more intense, as I hear her sobs on the other side and I just want to take her in my arms and comfort her

I bang my fists repeatedly against the metal door, getting more intense, as I hear her sobs on the other side and I just want to take her in my arms and comfort her. I want her back. I need her back.

Memories of us together flood back in my mind, suffocating my heart in a bath of pain, and I try my best to block them out so I could focus on the current situation, but it's seems impossible. Instead of letting it bring me down, I make them fuel my anger and determination to find a solution to help my princess.

Not even seconds later my little drops of hope die down as I am faced with reality. If I open that door, I risk contaminating the whole world, which would resolve in a mass extinction of our species. The pain of this just feels as if I rip my own heart out of my chest, and this moment I wish I could just have physical pain and not this mind-destroying emotional pain. Therefor I just bang my fist against the metal door over and over again, as pain slowly spreads in my hand.

Ethan's firm hand on my shoulder stops me from continuing as he turns me to look at him and I watch as his lips move, but the sound doesn't get straight to my ears.

"Accept it."

These words just push me straight into a circle of despair and my mind seems to finally  understand, resulting in me looking at him numbly and unable to give him a response. I only shift my attention away from him and towards the way we came from, as I notice movement in the corridor.

The rest of the brothers arrive after Ethan and I, and I watch as their looks drop when they see our broken faces that express our failure. Their eyes dart from us to the metal door of the vault over and over again, as they make they way towards us.

Blake seems absolutely on the edge of breaking everything down, completely determined to get his sister back, just like me a minute ago. Without even thinking twice he slams his body against the door of the vault, yelling insults to the world without any reason.

"Don't try to come in !" I hear her shouts through the door, and immediately I recognise the light tremble in her voice, which gives out the fact that she is crying, even if she tries to his it. I always knew and I will always know. "I am going to open the box if you try to do so and it would all be over. For everyone." She threatens  and we all freeze in our mouvements, especially Blake when he understands the gravity of the situation, or at least that is what I thought.

"We have to do something ! Open that fucking door Ethan !" Blake shouts, his whole body trembling in anger as he turns to his twin in a menacing stand. "I know you have the password in the genius brain of yours, so FUCKING USE IT AND DO IT !"

He seems to have completely lost his mind, his moral sense and his sense of control on himself, as he grabs Ethan by the shirt to push him towards the keypad. This can't be happening... he shouldn't turn against his own blood, this is just wrong.

I get to the two of them and I forcefully push Blake away from Ethan who looks at his brother in disbelief.

"Get your shit together ! We can't DO ANYTHING !" I yell to Blake, trying to make him understand that there is nothing we can do, except wait and hope that the virus doesn't kill her. It just can't...