A Horrible Morning

THE NEXT MORNING

- Jules' POV -

When I woke up, I instantly took notice of the lack of warmth and body alongside mine in our bed. Though Ripley was considerably smaller than me, I was intuned to him and knew when he was in bed with me and when he wasn't, even at my most exhausted which was in the morning.

The stupid freaking morning. I hate mornings.

This morning was one of my worst though seeing as how it was missing the person who made them just a bit more bearable, but not quite tolerable. My boyfriend and Dom, Ripley. The love of my life.

Feeling a surge of annoyance at him not being here with me, I went to roughly jerk the bedsheets off of myself when they became tangled with my legs, wrapping around them tightly. Anger coursed through me at being trapped in the big, empty bed alone and I began to kick and thrash around, only stopping when I finally managed to kick myself free. I threw the untucked bedsheets off of my body, watching them land in a bundled heap on the floor.

"Enfoiré," I growled lowly at the bed, as I glared down at it.
(Fucker.)

I didn't even have it in me to be afraid of cursing and Ripley finding out, I was just too irritated today. I heavily stomped into the bathroom, my eyes squinted with tiredness. The entire time through my morning bathroom routine, I was muttering angrily in French, cursing everyone who found mornings enjoyable. All mornings did was ruin your day because a peaceful sleep and good night come to an end when you open your eyes and get blaring hot sun in your eyes, or wake up alone.

I walked out of the bedroom after stopping to pluck up my cellphone, not even bothering with getting dressed in anything aside from the briefs and sweatpants I was currently wearing and had worn to bed last night. I moved my hand to one of the pockets and let it drop down into it. I continued to stomp heavily down the stairs, deciding that this would be how I would walk for the foreseeable future until something made me not hate mornings so much, yet I didn't see that happening.

I walked into the kitchen, my eyes locking on the coffee maker, and I instantly let out a low moan.

"Oh, mon amour. Je peux toujours compter sur vous pour être là pour moi le matin pour moi," I purred to it as I turned it on, letting out a low moan as it purred to life.
(Oh, my love. I can always count on you to be there in the mornings for me.)

 I reached to the side and picked up one of my large, black coffee mugs, placing it alongside the coffee maker. I made sure that there were enough beans in the maker as well as water before starting the brewing process, beginning with the grinding of the beans. As the coffee continued on with its brewing process, I inhaled the strong scent of the French roast coffee as scent wafted through the air. It was a dark, smoky, and most importantly, strong blend, but most importantly a classic one.

At long last, my coffee was done, the pot filled with the hot dark, aromatic liquid, and I was thrilled. I turned to the fridge and opened it up, pulling out the milk, the only thing I put in my coffee. As I turned with the gallon jug in my hand, something neon yellow fell from the side of it, swaying this way and that slowly before it finally landed on the dark wood flooring in the kitchen.

I disregarded it for the moment, moving to the coffee pot and carefully removing it from its spot on the machine and pouring myself a three-quarter cup, then adding some milk into it before replacing the pot on the coffee maker with the rest of the coffee in it, and the milk back in the refrigerator. I grabbed a small stirring spoon and gave three full rotations of it within my cup before pulling it out and setting it in the sink for the moment.

I picked up the mug, slowly inhaling the scent that hadn't dulled any with the addition of milk, and tipped it up some, carefully taking a long drink from my mug, savoring the taste. I pulled the mug from my mouth and just held it in my hand as I leaned against the countertop, letting my eyes slide closed as I let the coffee warm my body and aid me in waking up fully.