Admitting His Submission

- Jules' POV -

I had heard of this supposedly scary second in command from down in the mailroom but had just chalked it up to my employees and Bastien's over-exaggeration.

But standing before him, seeing and speaking with him, I can see that I was sorely mistaken.

It wasn't that I was afraid of him, but he did something to me that had my body wanting to crumple to the floor at his feet from just being in his mere presence. He may be a bit over a foot shorter than me and lacking muscle, his body looking gorgeously lean from my inspection of him when he first walked into my office, but there was just something about him.

He was pushing me and all of my buttons which I was never a fan of, but with him doing it, I kind of enjoyed it and wanted him to do so more.

But then, his last words had my entire body stiffening as my blood ran cold and my eyes shot to look into his, unable to keep my panic hidden.

He asked if I was submissive.

No. He didn't ask, he wanted me to confirm what he already knew which I could see from his eyes. He knew I was submissive and I had no idea how, but he did.

He knew.

"Are you going to answer me, Mr. Laurent? You are submissive, yes?" He asked again, his tone showing that he wanted an answer, and he wanted it now.

And before I could stop myself or find something to say, words were rolling off of my tongue.

"Yes, Sir. I am," I said softly, dropping my eyes back to my desk.

"You are what, Mr. Laurent? Be more specific and look me in the eyes when I speak to you," he said with a soft growl that had my eyes flying back up to his.

"A submissive, Sir."

At my confirmation, he hummed with a slow smirk tilting up the edges of his lips.

"I knew so almost immediately upon entry," he said, making my eyes widen some as my panic rose slightly.

"How?" I questioned hurriedly.

"I'm a dominant, Mr. Laurent. It is quite a simple task for me to spot a submissive. I will give it to you for keeping it hidden, but you would have never been able to hide it from me."

An involuntary shudder ran down my spine at his words.

"Please, Sir. Please don't tell anyone that I am a submissive. I have kept it hidden for a reason and I would be so grateful if you did the same and didn't tell anyone," I begged softly, watching his brow raise slightly.

"It isn't my secret to tell, Mr. Laurent. And why? Why keep the simple fact that you are submissive hidden? Are you ashamed of being a submissive?" He probed but I did feel a bit more at ease knowing that he wouldn't let anyone know of my being submissive.

"No, Sir. I am not ashamed of being a submissive, I just fear that if anyone were to know, it would cause my Publishing Company to suffer because authors and others will believe I am incompetent and will be unable to do my job effectively. It may give others the impression that I am easily bullied due to my submissive nature," I said, spilling to him my greatest fears which I had only just admitted to Bastien not even a few hours earlier.

I have only been in Mr. Haze's presence for about half an hour at most, yet I have shared with him my deepest secret and fears.

"You being a submissive and being submissive in nature should have nothing to do with your company and position, but I can't argue that it may give others the impression that you can be pushed about easily, as you said," he agreed, and I felt my entire body relax knowing that he was on my side and understood where I was coming from.

"Thank you. I am happy that you understand what I mean. Bastien has a difficult time with-"

"Bastien? Is he your dominant?" He asked, cutting me off.

I couldn't stop the chuckle from passing through my lips as I simultaneously scrunched my nose up in distaste.

"No, Sir. Bastien Chanavat is an accountant here in the company and my best friend. For years he has been the only one to know that I am a submissive, but now you do as well," I explained.

He gave a hum and a nod before speaking again.

"Do you have a dominant, Mr. Laurent?"

I flushed slightly, shaking my head a bit shyly.

"No, Sir. I do not," I said.

I had to bite back my next words, feeling too embarrassed to ask him yet also fearful of his answer: Do you have a submissive, Sir?

But it seemed that he knew what was on the tip of my tongue as he looked at me with a smirk.

"Go on, Mr. Laurent. Ask the question that I know you are dying for the answer to," he said, and with a blush, I asked my question.

"D-Do you have a submissive, Sir?"

"No, Mr. Laurent. At the moment I do not, though I am interested and looking for myself a sub."

Again, I felt another shudder wrack through my body which was followed by a spike of excitement combined with hope at the possibility of him becoming my dom.

"Oh," was all I managed to get out which made him chuckle, causing my face to darken.

"You, Mr. Laurent, are something else," he grinned.

"Jules," I spoke softly.

"What was that?" He said in slight confusion.

"My first name. It's Jules, and I would like it if you called me that instead of Mr. Laurent...Sir," I said, blushing again as I bowed my head.

"Jules, hmm...your name suits you, as your eyes shine like jewels when you are actually maintaining eye contact with me," he said, making my eyes instantly raise to his once more. 

"T-Thank you, Sir," I stuttered.

"You are welcome," he smiled making my heart race slightly. "Now, I need to head back down to the mailroom, so I will see you some other time, Jules."

I felt my heart drop at hearing that he was leaving, but that he also didn't ask me to be his submissive. More than anything I wanted to be his submissive, but I couldn't outright ask him that. I was too afraid to ask and be rejected, so I stayed silent, giving him a small nod.

"Jules," he called out, his voice further away than a moment ago making my eyes dart around until they located him standing just in front of my office door.

"Yes, Sir?"

"I will see you tomorrow during lunch - which is about two o'clock for me - so make sure that you have that time cleared for me. Am I understood?" He asked, raising his brow like I noticed he does when he expects me to answer him quickly.

"Yes, Sir. I will! I will do it now!" I said eagerly, smiling at him.

"Until then, Jules," he said, and then he disappeared out of my office door.

I collapsed down in my desk chair, a massive smile on my face.

For the first time in a long time, I may have a dominant, and maybe - just maybe - he will be my first ever long-term dominant and boyfriend.