Hospital Trip

- Ripley's POV -

I have never been so worried in all of my life as I currently was. I was sat in one of the most uncomfortable chairs in the world in the waiting room of the hospital, waiting to hear how my precious jewel was doing after being immediately whisked into the back of the ambulance once it arrived, and rushed off to the nearest hospital, where I was now.

Thankfully I was allowed to ride in the back of the ambulance with him because God knows I would have been going even crazier than I was now. Right now I was hunched over in one of the shitty chairs, my leg bouncing up and down about a mile a minute, probably even more with my worry.

It seemed like he had been back there forever with how worked up I was, and it was taking everything in me to not shoot up to my feet and either demand news on Jules' condition or to go hunt him down and find out for myself.

"Ripley!"

My head shot up, as well as the rest of me, at the familiar voice that had called my name.

I turned to see both Aurélie and Emile rushing up to me with panicked expressions on their faces.

"Aurélie, Emile, what are you two doing here? How did you find out?" I asked, surprised to see them and also feeling incredibly guilty that I was the reason behind why their son was in the hospital, even if I hadn't directly caused him the injury.

"The hospital called us and said Jules was here," Aurélie rushed out.

"What the hell happened to my son?" Emile finished what she said, his words rough and angry.

"Fuck, it's all my fault. I should have never let him go and answer the door. I should have insisted he stay while I got it. Fuck!" I growled, kicking the shitty chair in my guilt-ridden rage as I tugged roughly at the roots of my hair.

"Ripley. Tell us what happened," Emile demanded once more.

With a couple more tugs on my hair, I quickly relayed to them all of what had happened which resulted in Jules being admitted to the hospital. I was just as mad as when it first happened, maybe even more so, but mainly at myself and my carelessness.

"I should have fucking known better. They're fucking psychotic, especially her. The stupid, dumb, no good-"

"Jules Laurent? Is the family of Jules Laurent here?" A tired voice called out, ending my endless list of insults about her.

The three of us hurried over to the small - yes, even smaller than I -, female doctor who looked a bit taken back by our near stampede at her.

"Yes, That's us. We're his parents, and he's his do- boyfriend," Emile said, having to refrain from calling me Jules' dominant, though both terms were used to describe me in my relationship with him.

"Ah, ehem, right," she said, clearing her throat and donning an air of professionalism once she realized we weren't going to take her down. "So, he is fine and will be better in no time, though he is currently under some heavy pain medication that has him sedated at the moment."

At the doctor's words, the three of us let out relieved sighs.

"What all is wrong with him?" Aurélie asked, her voice still a bit shaky which had her accent thickening.

"He has some deeply bruised testicles that have also swollen a bit from the impact they took. His penis, too, is a bit bruised, however, his testicles took the brunt of it which is why they are worse off. He is going to be sore and most likely in a great deal of pain for the next couple of weeks, but with some icing and taking of the prescribed pain medication I have for him, he'll heal up fine," the doctor explained.