Meeting Mr. Laurent

- Ripley's POV -

Having fired Jon, I thought I was doing everyone a favor and saving the hassle of having to do even more work to make up for his countless mistakes, but I was wrong.

Jon was the mail courier for the CEO of QSP, Mr. Laurent. It wasn't because they were friends or anything like that because, from my knowledge, I'm pretty sure Mr. Laurent wanted him gone just as much for always mixing up his packages, but he would never fire him for some unknown reason.

Now that Jon's gone, that means that someone else needs to hand-deliver Mr. Laurent's packages and because everyone else is busy doing other jobs and such and my main job is to oversee that they do their jobs, Jon's previous tasks were now in my hands.

It's not that I mind doing it, it's just that I would prefer to stick with my overseeing things just to make sure everything is done correctly, nevertheless, I will take on this new task. It might even show some of my coworkers how to get things done the right way and in a timely fashion.

There was a stack of manuscripts that I needed to deliver to Mr. Laurent so I decided to get right on that, not wanting to let them sit and be forgotten.

I collected the stack that consisted of probably four different manuscripts and then checked to make sure that was all before heading over to the elevator, hitting the up arrow, and waiting for the elevator doors to open so that I could enter.

When they finally did, I walked into the empty elevator and selected floor twenty-eight, the top floor in the building which housed Mr. Laurent's office, a private conference room, a waiting area, and the desk for his personal assistant. I knew this because I have been to the top floor a few times due to Jon's screwups, yet I have never encountered the CEO himself as odd as it may seem.

The elevator doors finally opened on the top floor, revealing to me the waiting area with his personal assistant's desk off to the side some where his personal assistant, Cheri, sat. Her chocolate curls up in a high, yet somehow sleek ponytail on her head, her normal leopard print glasses covering her chocolate eyes.

"Mr. Haze, how are you today?" She asked with a polite grin.

"Doing well, Cheri, and yourself?" I said with my own polite grin.

"Just fine. What can I help you with today?" She asked

"I have some mail for Mr. Laurent with me."

"Oh? What about Jon?" She asked, her brows raised some.

"He was let go about an hour or so ago so I will be delivering Mr. Laurent's mail until a replacement can be found," I informed her, watching her sigh in relief.

"Thank the heavens. He rarely did anything the correct way and always upset Mr. Laurent."

"As he did with many others. Now, where would you like me to place these manuscripts?"

"Well, since Mr. Laurent is expecting them, just head straight to his office and I will call him to notify him," she smiled, pointing to his large office door.

"Alright, thank you," I said, walking across the rather large waiting room, coming to a stop in front of his door.

"If you would just knock, Mr. Haze, Mr. Laurent will see you," Cheri called, and I nodded.

I raised my hand, giving a firm knock to his door, entering upon the deep, accented 'come in' I received upon my knock.

Walking inside his office, I noticed the large, floor to ceiling windows that covered the entire back wall behind his large desk looking to have been made of some kind of expensive wood, bookcases and shelves found throughout the large office filled with books and files, and a couch to one side with a singular chair placed in front of his desk which he sat behind in a large, expensive leather chair. Even sitting down, I could tell that he easily towered over me in height with large muscles, but not overly so.

"Ripley, I presume," he said with a raise of his right brow as he blatantly allowed his eyes to run up and down my body.

"CEO or not, I wish to be called Mr. Haze, Mr. Laurent. Only those I permit may call me by my first name," I said as I walked forward, closing the door behind me.

"Oh? Well, in that case, my apologies, Mr. Haze," he said my last name mockingly as he not so subtly rolled his eyes at me, making my eye twitch in anger at his blatant disrespect towards me.

"Your manuscripts," I said, dropping them on top of his desk making them let out a soft thud when they landed.

"Are you sure these are mine and that they are the correct ones? Because it always seems that I can never get my proper mail," he said.

"Yes, I am positive. I checked myself. And you will no longer have to worry about Jon since, as I'm sure you've already been notified, Jon was fired today by myself," I said as I stared him straight in the eye keeping my face stern.

"Yes, I have heard. It has been a long time coming," Mr. Laurent said as he looked at the title page of each manuscript, purposely avoiding eye contact with me.

"Yes, it has. He shouldn't have been employed here as long as he has due to his incompetence and continued mistakes, yet someone kept him on," I said, not caring how rude I sounded because I was beyond annoyed with QSP's CEO.

He was said to be so stern and hard, yet he couldn't even maintain eye contact with me. How pathetic.

His eyes flicked up to me as he frowned slightly.

"Is there a problem, Mr. Haze? You seem to be a bit...upset," he said, trying to maintain a blank look on his face but his eyes were a different story as they looked nervous and slightly uncomfortable. 

"That is because I am upset. Jon should have been fired at least a year ago yet you kept him on and never fired him. You were paying him to do his job incorrectly without repercussions. Some CEO you are," I scoffed slightly.

He quickly stood up from his desk, staring down at me from where he towered over me by at least a foot, but I wasn't intimidated in the slightest. I didn't even flinch as he stared down at me.

"I will not have you disrespect me," he said, his French accent I noticed getting thicker, but it wasn't in anger I quickly noted as I looked into his hazel eyes that swirled with...the need to be yelled at?

As odd as it sounds, he seemed to be enjoying this confrontation. Seemingly wanting me to snap at him which distinctly reminded me of someone who was a submissive, but I could be mistaken. Not because of his height or build or anything, but it just couldn't possibly be that.

The only way for me to know for sure and to be one hundred percent certain, was for me to put that to test.

"Really? I think you would because, dare I say, you enjoy it. Don't you, Mr. Laurent?" I questioned him lowly, adding a hint of my dominant tone to it to see his reaction.

I was both slightly surprised and also not disappointed by his reaction as he shuddered, a low rumble sounding in his throat as his eyes shot down to his desk and his face flushed.

"Have you got nothing to say, Mr. Laurent? Hmm?" I pressed on, but he remained silent making me decide to give a good, final shove to get the answer I already knew. "Is it because you are submissive?"