The Unexpected Submissive

- Jules' POV -

"No, I am not interested."

"But Mr. Laurant-"

"My name is Laurent. There is an -ent at the end of my name, and the -t is silent so it is pronounced Lo-ran."

"Oh, I apologize Mr. Laurent, but you don't understand. I-"

"I understand it clearly. I am not interested in your cookbook. The recipes are already well known and look like they were merely taken off of the internet, same with the images. Now, with that being said, you may leave my office. Have a nice day."

"Mr. Laurent-"

"I said have a nice day."

With a hungry huff, the woman whose name I don't recall stomped out of my office, slamming the door behind her in her fit of rage at my rejection of her cookbook.

I leaned back in my chair, running my hand down my face and then back through my hair, sighing deeply at the sudden onslaught of exhaustion that hit me like a freight train now that she was gone and I was left to my own vices.

I enjoy the peace and quiet, but I don't enjoy this constant feeling of stress that was pressing down on me more and more with every second that passed me by.

All I want is for someone to take control of me. Tell me what it is I should do, what I need to do.

More than anything, I want a dominant. A master. A sir. Whatever he would wish for me to call him because I will. I would do whatever he would ask me to do.

"I need a dominant," I said softly, and then my office door was thrown open scaring me half to death as I glared at the figure in my doorway.

"Jules! Comment ca va?" My best friend, Bastien, questioned as he sauntered into my office as though he owned it, much to my great displeasure.

"First off, your French is shit, and second, what the fuck are you doing in my office?" I glowered at him.

"It's not my fault my parents didn't raise me in France or teach me the language!" He huffed at me.

"You're a fake Frenchman. Your last name is Chanavat yet you know nothing about France or French," I teased him which made him roll his eyes at me.

"Yeah, whatever shit talker. God, I can't fucking wait until the day that you finally find a dom-"

"Shut the fuck up! What have I fucking told you?! I told you to shut the fuck up with saying shit like that!" I growled at him, banging my fist on my desk in anger.

Bastien is the only one who knows of my secret, that being that I am a submissive which would be fine if it weren't for the fact that not only do I appear to be the complete opposite of my six-foot-seven height but also because I am a CEO. Someone who has to be strong, hard, and..dominant. I am only two of those, and if anyone knew of my secret, I don't know what to think would happen.

His hands flew up in the air in surrender as he looked at me with slightly wide eyes.

"Alright, alright! I was only teasing you, Ju. Calm down, you know I don't mean any harm."

I sighed, slouching back down in my large, Italian leather, plush desk chair, soaking in the soothing and cool feeling, even through my expensive suit.

"I know, but you know how I feel about others finding out about my...nature if you will," I said quietly.

Bastien sighed and sat in the chair that was placed in front of my desk.

"Yes, I do know. And, honestly, I don't understand why you're so afraid of others knowing."

"Because I am the CEO of the world's best, and largest Publishing company. If news would get out, it would spell disaster. No one would take me seriously anymore."

"You don't know that for certain, Ju."

"And neither do you, but regardless, I will not risk it, and I'm not going to talk anymore about this anymore," I said, shooting him a stern look that had him rolling his eyes at me.

"Fine. I won't bring it up anymore, but you really need to stop acting all big and bad because you aren't fooling me in the slightest," Bastien snorted at me.

"Anyway, what did you come into my office for in the first place?" I asked him.

"What makes you think I didn't just come in to see you? My best friend in the entire world!" He beamed at me, making me snort.

"I'm not buying that. So, what news do you have to share with me?" I asked him, looking at him with a raised brow.

"Okay, fine. I was talking with Maddie, you know, down in human resources?" He asked, licking his lips hungrily, making me roll my eyes at his horny ass.

"Yes, I know. She's the blonde, pale woman who you've been trying to fuck for weeks," I sighed.

"Yeah, her. Anyway, you'll never guess who was finally fired today!" Bastien beamed at me.

I looked at him with a raised brow as he looked at me, practically begging me to guess.

"I'm never going to guess and I don't want to, so just tell me, Bastien," I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Fine!" He groaned but lit up afterward anyway. "That little smart ass who always fucks up your mail and packages that get delivered!"

At that news, I perked up, looking at him with a small grin on my face.

"Please tell me you're not screwing with me because if you are, friend or not, I'm firing your ass!" I said, but he shook his head and laughed.

"You wouldn't ever fire me or anyone else for that matter," he said, which, sadly, is very true. "And no, I'm not screwing with you. The second in charge in the mailroom fired him, you know, the one that literally everyone in this company is terrified of."

I raised an eyebrow at that last sentence.

"Yes, I have heard of him, but I highly doubt that he's as scary as everyone makes him out to be," I said.

"Well, Maddie did also say that you had a couple of new manuscripts headed your way today and since your normal mailboy won't bring you your mail, the second in charge plans on bringing them to you himself," Bastien grinned widely.

"You spend too much time gossiping and less time working," I said with a roll of my eyes.

"But gossiping is fun, especially with a beautiful girl," he winked at me but I shook my head.

"Whatever, get out of my office and back to work," I said with a small smile as he stood up and chuckled, walking backward to my door.

"I'm going, I'm going," he said waving at me as he left my office, his head suddenly darting back around the doorframe to look at me. "But I expect a detailed recount of what happened later."

Before I could say anything else, he was gone, leaving me to roll my eyes again at my crazy friend, leaving me to wait for my mail that was to be delivered by the supposedly scary second in command of the mailroom.