Dinner With the Parents

- Ripley's POV -

To say I was shocked to see Xora stood alongside Bastien, her arm looped through his, would be a bit of an understatement. I didn't even know the two of them knew each other well enough to be attending dinner together, though I can't say I was against it.

The pair of them stood the way they were, looked well suited for one another, and based on their personalities alone, I can understand their interest in one another. They were both a bit of a jokester, though each in their own way. Plus, they could also be a bit annoying as well as giving good advice when needed. So, I definitely find them to be a good couple.

"I didn't know you were joining us for dinner, Ripley," Xora said, her surprise and awkwardness already having had disappeared. She was already back to her light and airy, teasing self.

"No, I believe it should be the other way around. Those are Mr. and Mrs. Laurent. Jules' parents, not Bastien's. Bastien, from what I understood from Jules, has crashed tonight's dinner," I said, moving my gaze over to Bastien who was shifting nervously in place.

Xora's head quickly snapped up and looked at Bastien.

"Bast, really! You told me we were going to a family dinner, not Jules' family dinner where Ripley meets his parents for the first time," she said, then cutting Bastien off quickly as he moved to open his mouth to say something. "And yes, I do know it's the first time because Ripley's my best friend and we tell each other everything."

I gave a slight, huffing laugh at her words drawing her attention back to me.

"We don't tell each other everything obviously, seeing as how I was completely unaware of you and Bastien being together," I said, a slight smirk curving my lips as I watched her cheeks flush slightly.

"It's new," she attempted to defend herself.

"Must not be too new if you were expecting to be meeting his family," Jules said, speaking for the first time since we reached our party. 

"Watch it, Jules, or I'll tell your tiny dominant some lovely stories about you," Bastien said.

The moment he said 'dominant', Jules' entire posture went stiff as his head quickly swiveled around to see if anyone had heard anything. I moved closer to him, grabbing his other hand in mine, pulling them both to my chest, and resting our joined hands against it, making his eyes instantly drop down to meet mine.

"Breathe, my precious jewel. No one heard. It wasn't that loud so there's no reason to panic. I'm right here," I spoke lowly, running my thumbs across the knuckles on both of his hands.

He slowly inhaled and exhaled, nodding slightly.

"Thank you, Sir. I'm sorry I panicked I just-"

"You're not ready for others to know. I know, and that's perfectly okay with me so long as I get to call you mine," I said, smiling some as his cheeks flamed a dark red.

"Oh mon Dieu, c'est la chose la plus douce que j'ai jamais vue! N'est-ce pas la chose la plus douce que vous ayez jamais vue, Emile?" Aurélie squealed like a teenager as she gushed over us, looking to Emile for his agreeance with her and her statement.
(Oh my goodness, that is the sweetest thing I have ever seen! Isn't that just the sweetest thing you've ever seen, Emile?)

Emile shook his head, chuckling softly at his wife.

"Ils sont sûrs quelque chose," he said, neither agreeing nor disagreeing.
(They sure are something.)

"I'm just going to pretend like I understood that," Xora muttered, making me smirk slightly.

"It seems like you are going to be out of the loop then whenever you are with myself, Jules, and his parents, because a vast majority of the time, we will probably be speaking in French," I said.