Interrupted

- Ripley's POV -

Across the course of the day, I had difficulty focusing on anything, no matter the task. On several different occasions, Xora had to either shake me or shout my name in order to get me to focus.

I was so thrown off by my grandparents confirming what I had already known that I had nearly sent two different employees in the upper floors each other's mail. It wasn't as though it was a simple mix-up because their names were similar or they were near each other in the building. One's last name started with an E while the other's started with a W, plus they worked on complete opposite sides of the building from each other.

Even during lunch with Jules, I couldn't focus on him and give him the attention and affection I normally did. Instead of pouting and whining like he normally would, he did his best to try and get me to focus on eating and even told me some old stories from his childhood. While the stories were adorable and a bit funny, I could barely muster a slight up-turn of my lips as I still thought about my sperm and egg donors. And I fucking hated that.

I hated that they held so much power over my mind and body, enough so that the mention and/or knowledge of them rendered me nearly fully incapacitated, and unable to complete my daily tasks. They made me weak in the worst way possible. I only wanted to feel weak when it came to my precious jewel, not those two wastes of space.

" SIR!" A loud, booming shout echoed around me, making me jump up from my desk chair I had been sitting at and spin around in place, only to see a very worried Jules. "I apologize, Sir, however, I've been trying to get your attention for ten minutes and you wouldn't look up from your keyboard."

"No, no, it's okay, Jules. Is something the matter? You don't normally come down to the mailroom," I said, as I craned my head back some to look in his eyes.

"Well, um, you see, Sir, work ended about half an hour ago and everyone has gone home. When you didn't come up to my office, I got worried so I came down here, and then here we are now," he said as he twiddled with his fingers making my chest ache at the saddened look that crossed his face, if only for the briefest of moments.

I closed my eyes tightly, collapsing back down into my desk chair with a loud, heavy sigh. I was so damn drained and exhausted from thinking and stressing about my sperm and egg donors, that I felt like I couldn't even move. Just knowing that they were out and roaming around God knows where doing God knows what was tearing up my nerves.

Not only that, but it was turning me into a horrible Dominant. I was focusing more on things that I couldn't control instead of what I could and should, all of which was right in front of me the entire time.

"No, Jules. You have nothing to apologize for. That would be me. I haven't been a very good Dominant to you today, and for that I-"

"Sir, no, don't say that. I'm not upset with you. You're human, and every human has their off-days. You just happened to have one, full off-day, but I can't be mad about that. You have a genuine reason to be feeling the way that you are. And you are an amazing Dominant to me, and I don't like when you think otherwise. You may not be perfect, but you are to me, and I love you. I'm just worried that you are going to make yourself sick with worry over something that is out of your hands. I'm always uneasy when you are upset by something."

I have no idea how I got so lucky to be able to claim him as my own. He meant more to me than anything else in this world, and I know that if anything were to happen to him, I would no longer know how to function. Yes, he may love me, but it would never compare to the way that I loved him.

"God, I fucking love you," I said making him look at me in surprise, his mouth opening to speak but I didn't give him the chance to as I reached up, roughly grabbing a hold of his neck and jerking his head down far enough so that I could mash our lips together.