Car Shopping

By the time we had finished eating and Ripley had paid our bill despite my resistance to him doing so, Ripley had a car brand and dealership in mind for us to head to.

"Stop pouting, Jules," Ripley said as he drove us to the dealership.

"I'm not pouting," I huffed grumpily.

"Really? Because you have your arms crossed over your chest, and you're staring out the window, refusing to look at me. Not to mention the fact that you have your bottom lip jutted out slightly. You are pouting," he said which had me letting out a few unintelligent French mumbles that he caught wind of. "What was that?"

"Nothing, Sir," I quickly said.

"Consider that your final warning for the day. Any more attitude or misbehavior of any kind and I will punish you," he said, a hard edge to his words that I didn't like.

I whipped around to look at him, my eyes were large and apologetic. I didn't want him to be upset with me, I hated it when he was upset with me!

"Sir, I'm sorry! Please don't be upset with me. I'll be a good boy the rest of the day, I promise!" I rushed out my words, but he said nothing. The only sign that he had actually heard me was the slight twitch of his brow as if he were going to raise it, before it fell back down, his face as stoic as ever.

I let out a quiet whimper, reaching over to slowly grab his hand in mine, allowing him plenty of time to pull away from me if he so chose, but he didn't. Instead, he threaded our fingers together, prompting me to release a soft breath of relief.

"If you don't like me getting upset with you, don't do things that would prompt me to be so," he said, but he seemed amused.

"You like when I misbehave though. You don't have to agree or disagree. I already know," I said.

He let out a chuckle that made me smile at the faint smile lines on his otherwise flawless face.

"Okay, whatever you say my precious jewel. But, we've arrived at the dealership," he said once his chuckles had subsided.

I looked out the passenger seat window to watch as he pulled into an empty visitor's parking spot in front of the main office of the chosen dealership: Jeep. I unfastened my seat belt and exited the car, stretching my long limbs from the way they had been slightly furled in the car so that I would fit.

"Um, excuse me, Jules. Did you just get out of the car?" Ripley said, walking over to stand alongside me while I stood frozen, realizing my mistake.

"I'm sorry, Sir!" I quickly apologized once more. "I was just feeling stiff and needed to stretch! I'm sorry!"

"It's fine, I should know by now that any small car is the equivalent of a clown car for you. Do you need me to massage or rub anything to help ease any tension?" He asked, looking over my body making me blush wildly.

Before I could even attempt to stutter out a reply, a set of rapid footsteps was sounded heading our way.

"Good morning, gentlemen! My name is Carl is there anything I can help you with? Any car you would like to test drive?" An older, heavier set, balding man questioned making me remember why I hated going car shopping.

"We are interested in looking at the larger SUV-type vehicles that Jeep has to offer," Ripley said, professional as always.

"Of course, right this way!" Carl said, quickly guiding us in the direction of the cars Ripley had expressed his desire in.

As we walked through the lot, I blocked out the talking of gas mileage, bonus packages, and other things to do with the potential car Ripley would be getting if he were to get one at all. I just looked at all of the cars while holding tight to Ripley's hand.