Having Lunch Together

- Ripley's POV -

Ever since seeing Shelby touching Jules this morning, I've been really annoyed and just overall pissed off today.

She had no right laying her hand on him, and it was clear to anyone with fully functioning eyes that he didn't want to be touched. You didn't even need to see him just to feel how unnerved and anxious he was, wanting to get away from her.

When he saw me, though, I watched all of his stress fade away as he untensed, his head having instantly lowered to the floor to show his submission to me which I loved seeing.

The only thing, though, is that he wasn't mine. Not officially, at least.

I'm honestly considering saying screw it to making him beg to be my submissive because of how badly I wanted him to be mine.

"Mr. Haze?" A soft voice called out to me.

"What?" I snapped, my irritation getting the best of me making the small woman before me flinch.

She couldn't have been more than five feet tall, making me taller than her and right now, she looked terrified of me.

"You wanted something. What is it? I don't have time to stand about and dawdle and neither do you," I snapped, my already near nonexistent patience snapping in an instant.

"W-We received some m-mail for M-Mr. Laurent. W-We weren't s-sure what to do with it, b-but since you b-brought it yesterday, I d-decided to give it t-to you," she stuttered.

My eyes darted to the clock on the wall and I wanted to grin so wide that my face would split when I saw the time was one fifty-five, but I didn't.

I just turned back to her, taking the letters or whatever were inside the sealed envelopes from her.

"I will take them. And I am going on my lunch break if anyone else needs me, and I don't want to be bothered. Am I understood?" I asked her, keeping all emotion off of my face to make sure she understood.

"Yes, Sir," she nodded rapidly before rushing off.

I frowned slightly, much preferring it when Jules addressed me like that instead of her.

With Jules on my mind, I promptly left the mailroom, walking onto the closing elevator after some other employees from the upper floors entered, pressing the button to the top floor.

I heard the others in the elevator start whispering, but I didn't really care to hear what they were saying even though I could clearly hear them if I wanted to. Instead, I tuned them out, shifting out of the way whenever someone got off until I was the only one left and it was my floor.

With the elevator doors opening, I stepped out in the waiting area, freezing in my tracks when I saw Jules sat in one of the waiting area chairs that faced the elevator doors, his eyes locked on me as he stood up.

"I have some more mail for you, Mr. Laurent," I said professionally since Cheri was sat in place at her desk.

"Oh, yes. Thank you, Mr. Haze. Please, follow me," he said, walking ahead of me, but not before turning his head back to check and make sure I was still following him, which I was.

Once we were securely in his office, the door shut and locked firmly, Jules spun on his heel to look at me.

"I'm sorry, Sir!" He cried, looking incredibly upset making me furrow my brows.

I sat his mail at his desk before heading to his couch that was off to the side, sitting down on it with him trailing after me wherever I went.

"Sit down, Jules," I said, watching as he went to drop to his knees in front of me, but I quickly extended my hand, stopping him from doing so. "On the couch, Jules."