Colliding emotions

Start from the beginning

He pushes me off of him, bringing his hands to his head as he tugs at his jet black hair, unable to cope with this situation and I feel him just as badly, but I try my best to contain it inside of me.

"Just shut the fuck up ! ALL OF YOU." Leo barges in with this words getting immediate silence, as we all turn to look at him. "It's over. At least we have to let her do it properly..." he hesitates to continue, when he sees the look on his brothers faces as they completely transform in disbelief. " At least it will be for something."

Without waiting any longer he turns to face the metal door that separates Magnolia from us, as well as a chance to live. Slowly he starts instructing her, step by step on how to execute this virus completely and I feel my throat tighten, the air struggling more and more to access my lungs.

There is only silence on the other side, probably because she is listening and once Leo is finished with his explanation, she responds with a small yes, meaning that she understood the assignment.

I just hope she is ready and not terrified to death, because just the thought of her having to go through this alone makes me sick. I just want her to know that she is not alone and that we are all just standing right on the other side at every step she makes.

I walk towards the metal door and lean on it, before slowly letting my back glide against the cold surface, until I am on the floor. My head hits the door, as I try to listen to every sound that is coming from the other side, which would indicate the state of Magnolia. But at the moment all I hear is a void.

Blake joins me on one side and Greyson does the same on my other side, all waiting silently to have any news. I look at the latter and notice his features reflect agony, shame, guilt and hurt all in on one single face expression. He probably blames himself for what happened today, but he couldn't have known, nobody could have. Nevertheless, somewhere deep inside of me, I feel the need to put the blame on him even if I shouldn't, but I can't change it.

My thoughts get interrupted when a sound echos inside the room and by then I know she went through the first step by putting the vial in its right place. Now the virus...

My heart is pumping so hard against my chest that I am sure the brothers could hear it if they paid attention. We are all so tense, and when suddenly we hear something on the other side, my heart clenches as I distinguish coughs. Devastating coughs coming from Magnolia.

Like one, we all turn our heads towards Leo waiting to get explanations on what is happening with her, her coughs getting louder and stronger by the second.

"What does that mean Leo ?" Blake asks, worry clear in his voice. Unfortunately Leo shakes his head from side to side, as he looks just as lost as we do, unable to give us information.

"You are going to be okay princess... listen to my voice... it's going to be okay..." I say, praying to she hears me and that she can get some comfort and reassurance out of my voice, just like I am trying to tell myself that it will be okay. She just has to pull through this...

In response we only hear glass shatter against the floor and immediately I bang my fist against the wall, begging her to say something to us. Anything...just let us know you are alive Angel.

"We have to open the door." Blake pleads and I watch as tears stream down his face, as Damon holds him back from accessing the keypad. Leo shakes his head, himself fighting to not open the vault, because apparently we need to wait until there is a second sound that would finish the mission off once and for all.

I count the seconds, ready to jump to the keypad, as soon as I hear that sound so we could take Magnolia out of here and give her medical care to save her.