84th

I sighed. Nervously I let go of Jason's hand.
"I won't let you go alone! This is a suizide mission!", Jason warned and tried to stop me.
"There has to be another way...", Salinda started.

Which other way was there?
If I won't go, everyone here will be in danger. I had to go, I just had to. I couldn't just risk every person's life here in this club. I knew, that this was dumb. I haven't even seen Ric, or had any proof, he really was here in the back. How could I be so sure? Just because of what Hugo said? I couldn't trust him, could I? What should I do?

The police couldn't make this decision for me, they were here to protect me but in this case, I really had to go alone. They couldn't solve this for me or actually help me, I thought. This situation was so fucked up. I wasn't sure if I would really just die if I went, though. Ric probably waited for me in the back, I was unsure, what he planned or what he will do. Would he hurt me? Or kidnapp me like Martin? Or threaten me to show my powers to all these people? I didn't know. It could be anything. There was only one way to find out...

One last time I looked at the others, at every single one of them, all seemed nervous and distant, waiting for me to go and end this, solve this situation. They all were so helpless. I wished at least Agent Carter could do something, but I was the only one.
"He will get impatient...", Hugo commented and crossed his arms.

My heart beated faster. I had to go then. Would Hugo come with me at least? He wouldn't protect me but... A little mental support, just so I wasn't all alone? If he didn't, where else would he go? Or would he just leave the club and his task was done? Was he an ally, or henchman of Ric or something? I hoped not. He said, he was just the messanger, right? So, he won't be anything else then, I guessed.

"Now...", Hugo got impatient himself and angry. His eyes allowed no doubt.
"Yeah, yeah", I said, kissed Jason goodbye, which he acted surprised but happy about it. Then a tear ran down my check, I turned around and started to head into the direction of the back of the club. My heartbeat was very loud, I thought that everyone in he club could hear it...

My feet took me through the crowd of party guests but I hardly felt them. I was numb and acted remote-controlled. It was like something tried to suck me in and pulling me towards the back. Nothing could stop me now. I wondered how I knew how far and where exactly I had to go. I wasn't sure if I still was myself, or if Ric's mind control was already taking over me maybe.

Was it too late?