39

As I was leaving the building for the day I was stopped by Rachel, "Maya that doll is dangerous" Rachel said.

"How? He's just a doll, I thought he looked cool and Mrs. Ray saw my interest in him and gifted him to me. Wasn't that nice of her?" I asked.

"No, the doll is murderous and he'll kill you and your family" Rachel said.

"Sure he is," I said, rolling my eyes. "Do you know how crazy that sounds? I must be going, I'll see you on monday" I said.

"Where are you staying? Maybe I can give you a ride" Rachel said.

"No thanks, I'm fine with walking, plus I'm sure a few friends will join me" I said.

"Who?" Rachel asked.

"Maybe Junior, Lexy, that is if they aren't with Devon and his boyfriend, the five of us grew close even if at first it was an act. Though I barely see Junior and Lexy I miss them, Devon only just came back from away" I said.

"Who's his boyfriend's name?" Rachel asked.

"Jacob, but we all call him Jake," I said.

"What's his last name?" Rachel asked, I felt two taps against my arm.

"I have to go" I said.

"Why?" Rachel asked.

"Because I want to go home, it's the weekend and I'm going out of town, we're going on a mini vacation" I said.

"Where?" Rachel asked.

"Hey, what's going on over here?" Glenda asked.

"She's interrogating me about my trip with my girlfriend and our daughter" I said looking at her, Glenda smiled.

"Where are you going?" Glenda asked.

"We were thinking New York, as we haven't been there in a while and lots of things to do" I said.

"Yeah me and my wife have been there a few times, one of our favourite spots is this cat café meow parlour, my father is allergic to them and we spend a lot of time with my family so we aren't able to adopt one" Glenda said.

"Oh that's so sad, cats are amazing" I said. "I'll make sure to mention it to my girlfriend to see what she has to say about visiting" I said.

"I'm sure she'll love it," Glenda said.

"So am I" I said. "I don't know why you said Mrs. Ray is dangerous, she seems like she has a great family" I said looking at Rachel, loving the look of panic in her face.

"I never said that," Rachel said.

"I understand why you think I'm dangerous," Glenda said.

"Come on, you can't be that dangerous," I said teasingly.

"Oh really? I guess we can see what your girlfriend says" Glenda said.

"I'm sure she can protect herself," I said with a smile.

"I'm sure she can," Glenda said.

"Well it was lovely talking to the both of you but I have to get going, my girlfriend will soon be home with our daughter and we need to pack" I said.

"See you" Glenda said, Rachel nodded and I turned around on my heel. I saw Lexy and Junior and they were laughing.

"Hey guys" I said as I walked over to them.

"You really like to play with people," Lexy said.

"How can I not, you have to admit that her reactions were funny" I said.