25

Before I knew it, it was lunchtime. I left the school with Chucky and got in my car, I placed Chucky in the passenger seat "Glenda will meet us there" I said as I started driving to the elementary school.

"I don't understand why you want to tell them," Chucky said.

"So they can at least make the fight challenging, I don't think they'll beat either of us though. Glenda has been fighting since she was 3 and I started when I was 16" I said.

"But with a weapon, it'll be harder than hand-to-hand combat," Chucky said.

"I know that's the fun part," I said with a smile.

"What weapon are you thinking of using?" Chucky asked.

"It's a surprise," I said with a smile.

"You can tell me," Chucky said.

"You can't tell Glenda, she'll try and talk me out of it," I said, and he nodded. "I'll have my knife back by then but I don't plan to use a weapon, I'll have it in my boot if I need it but I'm going in barehanded," I said.

"I won't say anything but that's not the smartest thing you've done," Chucky said.

"I'll have my knife on me if I need it," I said as I pulled into the school, I parked the car and grabbed Chucky, and went to Glenda as she was already here. "Hey," I said.

"Hey, so why do you want to tell them?" Glenda asked.

"So they know, it'll be fun if they are at least good at it," I said with a smile, then I saw Jake and Rachel walk towards us. When they got here the kids were let out, Carley saw us and ran up.

"What are you doing here?" Carley asked.

"Hey munchkin, we're just here to talk with Jake and Rachel, this is Carley as far as society knows our adopted daughter," I said, introducing Jake and Rachel to Carley.

"Hello," Carley said with a smile.

"Hi," Jake said.

"Carley, why don't you and Chucky go find some friends to play with? I'll see you after school" I said, she nodded and took off right to Charlotte.

"Okay so why did you want to meet us here?" Rachel asked.

"So we know you want to be free of us but at the same time would like to get rid of us, so we have a proposition," I said with a smile.

"What is it?" Jake asked.

"Murder," Glenda said.

"Not happening," Jake snapped.

"Hear us out," I said as I led them to a bench for us to sit down and talk it through. "So we want to challenge the two of you to a fight," I said.

"A fight to the death, we'll supply the weapons you can use and you can choose which one of us you would like to fight" Glenda continued.

"And if you manage to kill your opponent then you can walk away and we'll leave you be and disappear from Hackensack forever, but if you lose then you lose," I said, "I know this will interest you, Rachel."

"And what happens if we don't agree?" Jake asked.

"Well we have plans for you Jake, but Rachel will be able to walk free as we never made a deal with her," I said.

"How would this work?" Rachel asked.

"So I am having a fighting ring installed in the basement of our house, we'll meet up there on either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday next week any time you want. We'll flip a coin and one of you chooses what side you think it'll land on and if you're right then you get to pick which one you would like to fight between Glenda and me. Then Glenda and I'll decide who'll fight first. But once the fight starts no one can interfere, so if for example, Jake manages to get a knife to Glenda's throat for the kill I can't step in to save her, and then you'll be able to walk free. We'll have a table of weapons you can choose from, but there will be nothing that can be shot and everything will be under thirty inches" I said.