30

I turned to face her standing up, she shrunk back when she looked into my eyes "if you must know her parents died recently, so yeah I am allowing her time to grieve the loss of them. Next time, think there may be a reason that some allow the child to choose to skip and not because they don't care about her education, or better yet don't eavesdrop because you may hear something you don't like" I snapped.

"Don't talk to me like that. Do you know who I am?" She asked, flipping her hair.

"I don't care," I said, she went to slap me but I caught her arm and put pressure until her face screwed up in pain "don't pick any fights you can't win" I whispered so that she could hear me before I let go of her hand. She cradled her hand to her chest and looked at me with hatred "have a good day ma'am" I said, grabbing my container, and turning my back so that I could leave. I felt arms wrap around me scratching at my neck, opening the scab, I drove my foot back into her leg when I heard a scream she let go and I turned around to face her. She tried to attack again but this time as she took a step forward she had a small limp, I punched her in the face when I heard a crack, she put her hands to her nose and looked at me in fright.

"Stay put," the cashier said as I was about to head out. So I went and sat down not taking my eyes off of them, I took out my phone and called Glenda.

"Hey what's up? Why do I hear sirens?" Glenda asked.

"May have got into a fight so can you take Carley home, just say that a student wanted help with their work" I said, I heard the car start.

"Okay, I'll see you later I love you," Glenda said and heard the car pull away.

"Okay love you too," I said, Glenda hung up and I put my phone in my pocket. I continued to watch her walk around but when I heard the sirens outside she stopped walking and she looked towards the door. The police came up and arrested the both of us before leading us to two separate cars, they didn't talk to either of us. I rolled my eyes as we made our way to the station.

When we arrived we were brought into separate rooms I was cuffed to the table after I sat down they left and I was bored. I looked at my free hand and saw the chafing that had happened from the cuffs, I rubbed my wrist with the hand that was cuffed and waited for someone to join. Eventually, a female officer joined me, "hello Maya, this is the third time you were arrested in two weeks, would you like to explain to me what happened?" She asked.

"Of course, me and my wife and daughter were out having ice cream to cheer her up as her birth parents died recently and we said that she was able to be out of school for however long she needed to properly mourn the loss of them, when this woman came up and asked why we are allowing our daughter decide when she goes to school, very rudely may I say, I asked that Glenda take our daughter out of the shop and to the car while I explained to her why. I explained that she lost her birth parents, that I will allow her time to mourn them and it may take however long she needs, and that she shouldn't eavesdrop on people's conversation, she then tried to punch me but I grabbed her wrists and put some pressure to stop her from being able to hurt me, she asked if I knew who she was and flipped her hair I then said goodbye and as I was walking away, she scratched my neck causing it to bleed, I shoved my leg back hurting her leg causing the limp, I turned to face her when she came at me again to try and punch me when I punched her in the face, I was then going to leave when the person behind the counter said to stay put so I sat down, called my wife and let her know what happened and to take our daughter home" I said.

"So you tried leaving before it escalated?" She asked.

"I did, I'm not a violent person but I will defend myself and sometimes I will admit a little extreme but I don't start it," I said.