29

Before I knew it the bell rang signalling the end of school as I was about to leave my room Quinn came up as everyone else left. "Can I help you with anything?" I asked.

"So you know what I said about the urban legend of Chucky and Charles?" Quinn asked.

"I thought we agreed that it was fake?" I asked.

"I saw you talking to him yesterday after school in your car before you left," Quinn said.

"I was talking on the phone with my wife which is one of the reasons I'm not here next week," I said. "This is just a doll, there is no such thing as possessing anything, can you drop this notion?" I asked.

"Yes, Mrs. Ray," Quinn said sadly.

"I'm only doing what's best for you Quinn, There have been many stories about a doll being alive and those people were put on a psychiatric hold and I don't want to see you there," I said trying to comfort him, when Jake knocked on the door.

"Okay I'll drop it," Quinn said and he left.

"Why did you tackle Rachel?" Jake asked.

"What are you talking about? She attacked me, I defended myself and as soon as she was put on her back I walked away" I said.

"That's not what she told me," Jake said.

"What did she tell you?" I asked.

"She said that as you guys left the principal's office you attacked her and put her on the ground and kept her there until you were pulled off of her" Jake said.

I laughed, "Jake she lied to you, as we were leaving she said I came up with a good story and I said that if I was going to be fired then I was going to drag her down with me, I then walked away where she then wrapped her hand around my throat startling me as I wasn't expecting it and I dropped Chucky. I was able to get out of her hold and then I put her on her back. I promise that this is what happened, this isn't the first time she lied to you either Jake, we both know that. I haven't lied to you as far as everything with Rachel and the only time I lied was to protect Chucky or myself, I don't need to protect myself right now. Ask yourself why she feels the need to lie and make up stories because she knows if she told you the truth then you could possibly drop her as a friend, but I really need to go, I have to go to the office to adopt Carley" I said as I grabbed Chucky and my bag.

"Why are you adopting her?" Jake asked as I closed the door behind me and locked it.

"Because I care about her, I want the best for her and I think we can give her that," I said as we went to my car, I put Chucky in.

"Do you think it's best for a child to be around killers?" Jake asked as I closed the door.

"Jake, nothing is going to hurt her, I care about her to the point that I'll die for her and once the adoption goes through Chucky won't have any claim over her, but it'll be up to her if she wants to carry him around. She has already stated that she wants to continue the deal, the only thing that Chucky won't be able to do to her is kill her, Glenda, or I won't allow it. Each kid can choose whenever they want to leave, the way to do that is to let us know and then they can give Chucky back and they leave. Everyone has a choice after her agreed upon timeframe that they agree with when they agree to the deal they follow all contents of their individual deal and after the trial period they can choose anytime after that if it's not for them" I said.

"Then how come you haven't?" Jake asked.

"Because I care about him, when we were together for a year he asked if I wanted to break the deal, he would go on his way leaving me and my family, obviously I said no even though he said that that'll be the only chance he'll give me. I knew who he was before I met him, he showed up in my drawings when I was 8. While at first, I agreed to the deal to protect my family, eight months in I got Terry, and that's when I bonded with Chucky. If Chucky would've asked that anytime before the eight months I 100% would've taken it but by the time he asked I already cared about him," I said with a soft smile.