• Chapter Twenty

Start from the beginning

"And who told you that?"

"Studies show bitch, look it up. Why would I give you something that's not good for you? The fuck."

"Give it here with your baldhead ass!" Milan rolls her eyes before taking the glass from him. "Anyway, if Amir gets convicted for killing that girl there's no way in hell that he's going to be around to raise anybody. I don't know how Auntie got him out but—.."

"Oh girl, that is nothing. That murder charge is not sticking. I heard Kauner's mom submitted a bunch of video evidence proving that Amir's been at the hospital with Kauner ever since the accident. Making it impossible for him to be the killer." Ky tells Milan, dropping that bomb as if it were nothing. "The prosecutors really wanted it to be him though, apparently her and Amir made two sextapes and there was a five-hundred thousand dollar wire transfer from his account. They think she was blackmailing him."

"And how the fuck do you know this fox fucking five?!" Milan's jaw dropped as she gawked at her bestie, trying to wrap her head around the tea he just dropped on her.

"I have my ways, just know my shit is legit. As it always is." He states matter-of-factly, getting up to fox his self another glass of wine.

"Hmph! And also, whose house was your ass sleeping at that you made it over here in five minutes? Bitch you live in Alpharetta."

Kyran chuckles nervously as he poured his self a glass a wine, quickly gulping it down and pouring his self another. He needed a little buzz if he was gonna be able to tell Milan about his down-low relationship with Khalil. Normally that's something he would hold very close to his chest because most DL men would kill to protect their secrets, but he trusted Milan with his life.

He trusted Kauner too of course, but her ass was MIA.

Seven minutes away at Amir's spot, the boys were just wrapping up their third or fourth game of spades. They were fucked up too. Amir's mom had came over and cooked all of their favorite foods to celebrate her baby being home, neither one of them had talked to each other since they exchanged words about thanksgiving dinner but Zoya was the type of mom to show up for her son regardless of whatever the situation was.

Besides, she didn't think her baby killed Sasha anyway. She knew that no matter how upset he got about her coming around that he wouldn't do no shot like that. At least that's what she tried to convince herself.

"Khalil, give me your keys. I'm not letting you drive home like that." Zoya said, taking the keys to Khalil's McLaren coupe as he stumbled towards the elevator. "You can have these back when I see you tomorrow. Asshir, take this boy home so he can sleep this alcohol off."

"A'ight Auntie." Shi chuckles, getting up from the little card table that they had placed in the middle of the living room. He was a lil buzzed too but he could drive. "Cuzzo, we bout to head out. We gon' chop it up sometime tomorrow."

"I'm already knowin." Amir tells his cousin as they dap each other up. Amir's eyes were so red from all the weed he smoked. "Y'all boys be safe. I love y'all."

"We love you too nigga." Shi responds, speaking for both him and Khalil since Khalil was a little out of it.

Shi could just look at his cousin and tell that he was going through it with the whole Kauner situation. He regretted what he did to her but the thought of her having an abortion was haunting him. He had only been out for a little over twelve hours and he expected Kauner to at least call or send him a message.