Chapter Sixteen- An extra week

It was a week until Christmas and Annie was arriving today to pick up the kids to fly back for Christmas break. We had the bags packed by the front door, and I should have been going with them now but I had decided to stay back until the last moment. I would arrive Christmas Eve and we would spend the day and night together for Christmas. The week after I would stay in the city. Initially my desire to stay home a little longer was to avoid being with Annie for two weeks. I didn't think it was a great idea, things were still so fresh and it perhaps wouldn't be the best for either of us to be stuck together for that amount of time. Even if it was for the kids. The kids would be happy enough for a week of Mom time. They would probably appreciate that it wasn't two weeks, especially if we weren't getting on or things felt strained. The second reason I was happy to hang back was because I had a little plan. I had gone over and over what I would get Leah for Christmas when all I knew she really wanted, was me, in the flesh. So, with the house empty and the kids with Annie I did something I thought I would never do again. I invited a woman into my home. Not just any woman, Leah. I had just this minute sent the text and the email. My gift to her was a ticket to see me, that she could use at any time if she wasn't free this week. I had no idea if she was. I just hoped she would be.

M- Your Christmas present is waiting in your emails... 🎅🏼 It's open so you can come anytime , but if you are free right this second... then know I am too... and quite alone. But no pressure. I will see you soon either way 💕

L- thats mysterious ... lemme go check!

L- Morgan I don't know what to say 😮

M- Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

L- it's ... a...I'm halfway through packing a bag and will be there tonight thing... 😍

M- you will?! Leah I almost lost half a year off of my life waiting for that reply.... 😍 💕

L- So ... tonight then?! Shall I book a hotel?

M- no I have a bed that's more than big enough for two and if you want a bed to yourself I have two guest rooms. But I can't promise you will wake up alone, because I feel like I might not want to let you go once I get my hands on you. I haven't snuggled anyone but my kids in far too long 😘

L- Would Annie be okay with me staying there?

M- Annie said no dates here with the kids and I agreed to that, it's respectful, but I never agreed to no dates at the house at all, because this is my house. She hasn't lived here in way over a year and she never did spend much time here even before that. This has always been my house. Our New York apartment has always been more hers. So please don't waste another second thinking about Annie, she won't even know you were here anyway, it's not as if I would mention it.

L- got it! I guess I will see you around seven...I can't believe I get to see you tonight, it's been so long... six months... God... I love you!

M- see you around seven Perseus 💫 this is going to feel the longest day waiting on you 😘

L- And the longest flight in history... but at-least my destination is finally you 😍✈️ Andromeda

***
"Mom, why are you smiling like that" Jamie asks as she walks into the kitchen to find me looking like a love sick fool at my phone "no reason" I say popping back up to a standing position, and pushing my phone into my back pocket.

"Is it Leah" she asks randomly.

I frown at her "I thought you had forgotten about that"

She walks over to sit at the table beside me. I slip into the seat opposite and admire her fly away blonde hairs at her temple. I reach out to smooth them back with my fingers "mom" she groans, pushing my hand away like the teenager she was becoming "I didn't forget... I just didn't know whether to mention it again incase you threw another mac in the pool" she says looking to me teasingly.