Chapter Four - One night

Teddy invited me for that dinner, a night before I was to meet Leah at her hotel, but I hadn't bargained on Leah being there when I entered the restaurant. Teddy had organised a dinner with a handful of her closest friends on the team and me. I recognised Avery, and of course Leah, and opposite was Bonnie and Aria.

I hesitated as the door shut behind me, and I debated backing up out of there before anyone spotted me, but of course her eyes fell on me instantly. Blue eyes I knew looked like the lagoons in Thailand, and eyes I had looked into as she had hitched up my dress at the wedding, her hands roaming up my flesh before she took me on the bathroom counter. Our first encounter, one that had been flirted to as we walked from the wedding dinner, and then as she pulled me into her bathroom, it was known, no flirting, only taking. I let her take me, before I took her, to an entirely different level myself.

She held up her hand to say hi and Teddy turned and jumped up "Morgan" she called coming over and hugging me.

"Teddy I see Leah... I thought I specifically said no Leah" I say whispering, eyebrows raised.

She smiles "did you" she asks playing coy "I don't remember that bit" she lies and she smiles and takes my hand "come meet the girls" she says and she places me down beside her. It was impossible to ever be annoyed with Teddy, because of those damn dimples and that charming smile.

"Hi" I greet, and they all smile and reintroduce themselves. Leah is a little quieter as she looks to me "It's nice to see you again" she offers.

I feel my heart start beating a little faster to see her so close up "and you" I return, not knowing what to say before the group begin their intense back and forth of discussion.
***

One night is all it took to see Leah as someone I was attracted to in more than one way. Physical attraction was obvious, but I liked her, her personality, and the way she was with her friends, her nature, the way she held herself. I loved the way she didn't ogle me, if anything it was as if looking at me was against the rules, so she tried to dance around me, her gaze flitting from Teddy on one side to Aria on the other and not lingering on me at all. In fact a girl could be offended by the lack of eye contact. I didn't know what was worse here, not enough or too much. I just didn't like zero.

"How are your beautiful girls Ted" I ask.

She takes a sip of her soda "good Morg... really good" she says looking to me with a twinkle in her eyes at the mention of them "Olympia is a complete limpet. I can't ever put her down, but my goodness she's the cutest thing you've ever seen" she says taking out her phone and scrolling to a photo of Olympia on Harpers shoulders, smiling and drooling on her head whilst Harper laughs, at I imagine, the sensation of it running down her neck.

"Oh Ted, she is quite literally your image"  I say smiling at the picture.

She scrolls further along "and look at Wren... she's getting so grown up" I shake my head and point to Harper "so much like her mama" I observe "honestly you are a lucky thing Theodora... you have it all" I say, nudging her a little "and I couldn't be more proud" I confess.

She places the phone in her pocket and leans in close "Leah can't even look at you...what on earth did you do to her that night"

I blush and take a sip of wine. "Nothing I'm sure you haven't done many times before Teddy..." I say eyeing her sideways "but yeah I noticed the weird vibe... do you think I terrify her" I ask playfully.

Teddy smiles wickedly as she looks to Leah opposite "I think that's the face of a girl who has seen a ghost and remembered exactly how the haunting went down. She can't look at you because she probably doesn't see you with clothes on" she says laughing.