Chapter Fourteen- Holidays together

I would have the kids for thanksgiving with my parents, and Annie would have them for Christmas in New York. She had made sure to invite me, so that we could all be together. "For the kids" she had said. I couldn't read Annie. She hadn't been in contact with me recently unless it was for the kids.

Weird.

Annie had threatened to make things hard for me but she had all but vanished after that conversation where she tried to give me what I had asked for, and I said it was too late. We spoke of divorce and that was also the last I heard of that, nothing had been signed and no contact made from her lawyer to mine. To be honest I was so afraid of what the details of it would be, the things she would take from me or ask of me that I didn't push it either. I was afraid of my lawyer calling me in case he had news. Right now we had the perfect set up. We swapped the kids over, shared holidays and hadn't fought about anything in months, because there was zero contact, unless it was a text about the kids.

I was starting to wonder if Annie had met my successor. Was there a new girl on the scene that had helped take her eye off of me?!Someone she was obsessing over and sleeping with. Annie had a high sex drive, and so I knew she must have met someone else, because she wasn't getting anything from me. This new girl was no doubt someone who liked to be dominated. Annie would be in more of a dominating mood than ever before, now that she couldn't with me, and there were dating apps for that kind of thing. She probably had this next one sign a contract. Yep, the more I thought about it the more it was obvious, some girl was getting whipped into shape to take my place. It was the only answer.

I had no idea she didn't need to ring me to know what I was doing. I was her favourite thing to watch... and she was most pleased that I was still alone.

***
"My grand babies" mom called as she opened the door and ushered the kids in ahead of me, squeezing them all. As usual checking Jamie's height against her own "you are about to eclipse me" she pointed out. Jamie came up to her forehead. There was an inch in it before Jamie was taller than mom.

"Not long gramma" Jamie teases, patting her head before passing by into the house.

"Hey babe Ruth" Mom greets me.

I lean in to kiss her on the cheek "hey mom... happy thanksgiving"

I hand her a tray of desserts the kids and I had made, as she goes inside.

I jump through the air as someone tickles my sides and turn to find Lydia looking at me devilishly "sorry didn't mean to make you jump"

I whack her with my spare hand lightly "Happy thanksgiving" I say begrudgingly.

She tickles my arm "I brought Frederick" she informs me, gesturing over her shoulder to a tall guy with large muscles and long dark hair pulled up into a man bun. "No, you brought a gladiator..." I suggest, eyes widening to the size of his arms "his bicep is larger than my waist" I say a little shocked "dear god Lyd" I comment as he takes their bags out of the trunk and we stand watching him "what's he like in bed" I ask.

She laughs and shrugs "I mean he's okay" she reveals, a little like the air got let out of a balloon.

I look to her sideways "oh Lydia that's not good"

She leans against my arm and looks up to me "I thought looking at him...that he would be hung like a donkey...but... Oh Morg it's, let's just say I think I feel it enough to get off on, but only when he's in certain positions"

"Lydia ... I think you need to either invest in sex toys to help...or cut him loose. I know you and you are not a happy bunny" I observe.