•[Bayverse Donnie x fem reader]•

Not Catfishing ~♡︎

[fluff]

The laptop's light glowed on Donnie's face. Donnie smiled softly at the screen. He's fingers hung over the keyboard, before effortlessly typing back. His eyes were bright, and the smile on his face wasn't leaving. Of course his brothers would be a little suspicious.

"Hey bud," Raph harshly rested his elbow on Donnie's shoulder, making him jump a bit. "Oh, a bit skittish huh? What are you hiding?" Raph grabbed the laptop, holding it up for him to see.

"Hey! Give that back!" Donnie jumped out of the chair, trying to grab ahold of his laptop. Sadly, Raph overpowered Donnie. Raph held Donnie's face, pushing him away from the laptop. "What do we have here... a girlfriend?" Raph announced, making the two other brothers curious.

"No—! I—! Give it back!" Donnie whined. Mikey and Leo ran to Raph's side, staring at the laptop too. "Aw! Donnie, that's so cute!" Mikey exclaimed, making Donnie even more flustered then he was before. "Donnie. You haven't revealed anything about us, right?" Leo asked.

Donnie snatched the laptop back, holding it to his chest. "No. I haven't. Y/n she— she's my online girlfriend." Donnie explained. "What? She would date a turtle?!" Mikey shouted in awe.

Donnie paused, glancing to the side. "You.. didn't tell her." Leo sighed in realization. "Of course. I mean, a human would never love something like—" Raph started, but seeing the expressions on Mikey and Leo's face, he decided to cut himself short.

"You should tell her the truth." Leo said. Donnie bit his lip, awkwardly shifting his feet. "I.. I can handle my own relationship myself, thank you." And with that, Donnie left to his lab.

Donnie flopped onto his bed, laying back and setting his laptop on his lap. He sighed, staring at the text messages that the two of you have sent each other.

The relationship started three months ago, when Donnie was curious for online dating apps. It was curiosity that made him go on, not because of.. loneliness. Okay, maybe it was both. You two started talking when you hit him up, telling him how much you like his SpongeBob profile.

It was history after that.

He's never seen your face, because you haven't seen his. Which makes sense. But he knows you are the most beautiful person out there. He just knows it.

He stared at the heart you had sent him. It wasn't right; lying to you. Donnie is just scared. Scared of rejection, of the heartbreak, the face you would make when you see him. He wouldn't be able to handle it.

But he knows you should know the truth, he does. It's just hard. It wasn't fair to you. Donnie tapped the side of his arm, and he took in a big inhale. He straightened his position, staring at your contacts.

He started typing.

If you love him, you will accept him. If you don't, then it wasn't a good relationship.

Though, he really hoped you would say yes.

⁂❣︎❤︎❣︎❤︎❣︎⁂

Donnie gulped, adjusting his glasses for the sixteenth time. You two had set a date, to see each other in person. Apparently you also lived in New York. How convenient.

Of course, you were a little skeptical. He had asked you to meet him on a rooftop at midnight. It took a lot of persuasion, but you ended up agreeing.

(Side note: don't do that in real life. real life is messy, and there are murderers and serial killers out there)

Donnie kept biting his bottom lip, checking the time every five seconds. You were exactly one minute late.

Donnie suddenly heard something— or someone climbing up the fire escape. He hid himself in the shadows, straining on keeping himself still. He was so excited, yet scared, yet happy, yet worried— he was feeling CV a lot of emotions.

It felt like time when slow when he heard the footsteps getting closer, and closer, and closer..

A hand, it grabbed onto the side wall. Someone yanked themself up, but he couldn't see their face just yet. They wiped off the dust off their clothes, and they hesitantly walked into the middle of the roof, where the light shined upon them.

It was you. He knew it was. You were even more beautiful then he thought you would be. You wore decent clothes, nothing too fancy but it still enhanced your attractiveness.

You looked around nervously, seeming to be trying to find someone. To find Donnie.

"Donnie? Are you here? It's Y/n! Unless if you're a murderer or something.." you mumbled the last part under your breath.

Donnie felt himself stiffen in place, the palms of his hands getting incredibly sweaty. All of his planning and flirting ideas just washed away. It was easier to do that stuff online than in real life.

Donnie stepped back, his foot hitting a soda can. You turn to look in the shadows. "Hello?" You called out.

You went closer to the dark part, which was probably not the best idea, but you did so anyway. You do have weapons on you, in case it was a murderer. So you should be good.

"Donnie?" You called again. Donnie sighed, clenching his fists. He needs to be brave.

"Y-Y/n. This is Donnie." Donnie said, not coming out of the shadows quite yet. "Donnie! Where are you? Can I see you?" You asked. "Yes— I just— I'm not that, normal, looking." Donnie explained nervously.

"Yes yes, you don't look normal. You've told me that. And I've told you I don't care." You said. "No, you don't understand," Donnie sighed. "I'm a monster. So, please, don't scream, don't freak out, please." He pleaded.

You seemed a bit more confused and hesitant, but you nodded anyway. "Okay, I won't. Just come out."

Donnie took in a deep breath, then held it. He slowly walked into the light, his eyes squeezed shut, scared of your reaction.

He waited for the blood curdling scream, the thud of someone passing out on the floor, the terrified gasp, cry, anything. But no sound had been made.

Donnie slowly opened his eyes. Instead is seeing a horrified expression, your eyes were wide, with curiosity. You tilted your head. "If it's not rude.. do you mind if I ask what you are?" You said.

Taken back by your response, he replied. "I'm a mutant. Well, a turtle, mutant." Donnie explained.

"Fascinating." You whispered. You went closer to him, and you assured him down. He kneeled down to your height, staring at you as you investigate his face.

"Are you even scared?" Donnie couldn't help but ask. "Confused, yes. Intrigued, also yes. But scared? Not really." You admitted. Your hands cupped his face.

"You're very handsome for a mutant." You giggled. "Did you know I always loved turtles?" You asked. Donnie silently shook his head, so amazed by your reaction.

"Of course I'm a little surprised. But you're Donnie. You're my online boyfriend." You said.

Donnie smiled, tears watering up in his eyes. His hand grasped yours. This was like a fairytale for him. His best of dreams.

And it came true.