•[2012 Raph x crooked teethed reader]•

♡︎ What a Beautiful Smile ♡︎

You are feeling insecure about your crooked teeth and smile, and Mikey comments about it

[angst to fluff]
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

You hate your laugh. You do.

You hate how you snort a bit, how your teeth sometimes buck out like a horse, you hate how ugly it is, your smile.

Your teeth aren't straight and perfect like everyone else's, they are crooked. You don't want to (or can't afford) to get braces, so, your teeth are weird, at least in your eyes.

Recently, almost unconsciously, you've been hiding your smile, or covering your laughter with your hand. You think your smile is ugly, so everyone else probably thinks the same.

You are now at the Teenage Mutant's home, in the sewers. You are currently playing video games with Mikey, as Raph was sat to the side reading a newspaper.

"No! No! Get in there!" Mikey yelled, hitting the buttons with such force.

While you, on the other hand, were calmly sat there with a smirk, calmly pressing the buttons as you used your ultimate move, and Mikey was dead.

"Noooo!" Mikey yelled in sorrow, and you heard Raph grumbled, probably because of how loud Mikey is being.

"Why are you this good Y/n?" Mikey whined.

"It takes skill, practice, and the most important, intelligence." You grinned as Mikey pouted.

"Yeah, no wonder why you're losing Mikey." Raph huffed in amusement, making you laugh a bit.

"Hmph, at least I don't look weird when I smile like Donnie or Y/n!" Mikey exclaimed, and you stopped.

You shut yourself up, closing your mouth as your tongue ran against your teeth. You looked to Mikey, knowing he is too innocent and stupid to understand how that hurt you. You put on a fake smile though.

"Well at least I don't have freckles the size of pepperoni." You shot back, a bit more venomous than you wanted it to sound. But Mikey didn't catch on. "Hmph, you guys are so mean." Mikey huffed before jumping up.

"I gotta use the restroom, I'll be back for revenge
Y/n!" Mikey called out as he ran into the bathroom.

You didn't say anything, and you frowned at yourself, staring at your lap.

You knew your laugh is weird, you know your smile is ugly, but someone else affirming your insecurities really hurts. You know Mikey didn't mean to make you feel this way, it was just playful banter to him, but it will most certainly make you lay awake tonight, drowning in your own self pity.

"Y/n." The rough voice made you look up, and you saw Raph staring at you. You suddenly felt embarrassed, he saw the whole banter between you and Mikey, and your face after Mikey left.

You know Raph is smart, so you know he knows something, but you will try your best to lie out of it.

"What's up Raph?" Your smile returned, but you immediately dropped it, in case he could somehow see your crooked teeth through your lips.

Raph paused, seemingly trying to think of the right words to say. "Are you alright?" Raph asked simply.

"I'm... fine. Why?" You questioned, trying to play dumb.

"You're obviously not alright, is it what Mikey said? Is that why you're acting so weird?" Raph questioned, lowering his newspaper ever so slightly, staring at you.

You pierced your lips together and looked away, not able to meet his gaze. From your actions, it was obvious what Mikey said really got to you.

You sigh, you might as well tell him, he already knows anyway.

"I just don't like my smile okay? My teeth are crooked and weird looking and I just look... ugly and weird." You admitted quickly, still not looking at Raph.

Raph sighed out of his noes, and he set his newspaper down, standing up. Raph sat next to you, a little awkwardly as he fiddled with his fingers.

"Well, don't listen to that idiot. He's a moron." Raph said, leaning back on the couch, staring at you.

You really think your smile is ugly, he thought.

"I know.. but still, I can't help but feel a bit saddened that other people can see how ugly it is too." You said barely above a whisper, but he heard loud an clear.

Raph folded his arms, lowering his gaze to the ground, trying to think of what to say.

Raph blushed, and he looked to you again.

"I don't think it's ugly." Raph mumbled, and you finally looked at him, searching his gaze to see if he was joking.

"Thanks.." you mumbled back, not fully believing it, he was just trying to make you feel better.

But Raph knows you, he knows what you are thinking.

"I'm serious. You have a really beautiful smile," Raph stopped himself, his face flaming hot in the moment.

You stared at him in surprise, it was a lot for someone like Raph to say. You smiled softly, making sure not to show your teeth. Because of your smile, Raph continued, a bit more flustered this time.

"Like I said, don't listen to that moron. Your smile is unique to you, and I really like it, which is saying a lot so... don't think such stupid things about yourself. You look perfectly fine." You didn't even notice you were holding your breath until he finished talking.

You blushed a bit, glancing to the floor before looking back at Raph.

"Thank you." You smiled, a really big smile. Your smile made Raph's heart do a double flip in the air, and his eyes widened.

What a beautiful smile...