•[Rottmnt Mikey x reader]•

Painting Session~♡︎

@Shahralana requested:
How about a Mikey x reader where they have a painting session and the reader accidentally gets paint on Mikey which leads to a paint fight? Lots of fun and laughter.

[fluff]

"So, do you like it?" Mikey asked. Your eyes sparkled at the large tent of blankets Mikey made, fairy lights scattered across the ceiling, a television if you get bored, and on the floor was a paint stained blanket. There was different colors and paint brushes, along with many different shapes and sizes of canvases.

"Mikey.. this is, amazing!" You giggled. You see, this is Mikey and yours first date together. You two can't really go above ground at daytime, so Mikey set up this masterpiece. "Ya' think?" Mikey chuckled bashfully. "Yes, totally." You took off your shoes, crawling on the floor into the tent.

It was so big, but you suppose Mikey had to make it like that since he's a big mutant. You grabbed the different paintbrushes, studying each one. Every single one of them was perfectly clean.

Then you looked at the canvases. There were normal ones, huge ones, super small ones, star shaped ones, heart shaped, thin, wide, he really had everything you could ever think of.

While you were marveling at all of his arts and crafts, Mikey grabbed an old record player and put on one of your favorite songs. Your head shot up in interest.

"Mikey, how did you get this?" You asked. "Found it in the dumpster. It's called.. "Until I Found You", by Stephen Sanchez." Mikey read the record out loud. "Do you like it?" He tilted his head to you. "Uh, yeah! It's such a cute song! Perfect for a date and painting." You turned back to the canvases.

"I see you wanna get started already. Love the enthusiasm!" Mikey chuckled, crawling over and sitting next to you. Mikey grabbed the heart shaped one, while you grabbed a miniature canvas. The music played in the background as you too just painted.

Usually you paint by reference, but this time, you just let your hand roam free. Even though the paintings you made weren't the best, they came from your heart, and you're proud of yourself for that.

The song looped for a bit, until it ran to a stop. Mikey got up, grabbing a different record and putting it on.

"Mikey? I was wondering how you liked this painting I—" you turned around quickly, wanting to show Mikey your painting. Instead, you turned around rather harshly, and your arms knocked Mikey's legs. He flew forward, landing right in the bucket of orange paint.

"Oh my gosh! Mikey?! Are you okay?" You crawled to his side. Mikey blinked, then looked at you. "Yeah, but, I do crave revenge." Mikey used a Batman voice. You raised an eyebrow, not noticing that Mikey was grabbing a paint brush.

Suddenly, you felt something run across your face. You look to see Mikey with a smirk, a paint brush in hand. You felt your forehead, realizing he left a long streak of purple paint across your face.

"Oh, I get it now." You smirked mischievously. "It's on." You grabbed the largest paint brush you could find. Mikey jumped up, holding his paintbrush like a battle sword. You laughed maniacally. "You don't realize I can hit," you held your paintbrush up, your thumb pulling back the brush. "From afar."

Your thumb let go and paint sprayed across Mikey's face, pink freckled across his face. He screamed dramatically, as if he got a deep wound. Mikey scrambled to the record player, switching the sappy love songs to some fight music.

Meanwhile, you grabbed as many paint buckets as you could. You held your paintbrushes like daggers. Mikey tied a piece of sting to his paintbrushes, whipping them around like his nunchucks.

You both stood there, waiting for either one to attack. Suddenly, you both ran at each other, paintbrushes in hand and yelling your battle cries. Instead of fighting with the paintbrushes like weapons, you let them go, revealing fresh paint on your hands. You tackled Mikey to the ground, and you both were rolling around together.

You both didn't even realize the tent collapsed and that you two weren't even in the tent anymore, you just kept, rolling, with it. (Get it?)

Finally, you overpowered Mikey. You were sitting on top of his stomach, and you held down his hands. He squirmed under your grasp, but you weren't letting go.

"Now, as my final battle blow, I will eliminate you." You cackled evilly. "No!" Mikey shouted. "You will perish turtle! Perish!" You laughed, getting closer to Mikey's face. He squeezed his eyes shut, prepared for paint to be cover all over his face.

But instead, he felt something soft press against his forehead. He curiously opened his eyes, seeing you had pecked his forehead. You leaned back, seeing Mikey was dazed. "I win." You smirked, getting off of Mikey. Mikey blinked back to reality.

"You sure did.." he laughed, a bit flustered yet happy at the situation. When you looked at Mikey, you covered your mouth, holding back a laugh. "What?" Mikey tilted his head. "I must've had red paint on my lips, 'cause I left a mark." You pointed at his forehead.

Mikey laughed. "Really? I gotta see." He stood up, walking to his bedroom mirror. He stared at the little kiss mark you left behind. His whole face brightened. You walked up to him. "Don't worry, I can wipe it off—"

"No!" Mikey shouted, backing away from the napkin you got. "I'm keeping it forever. I'll never wash my forehead again." He said. It was supposed to be sweet, but it seemed more gross then sweet.

"Mikey..." you laughed. "I think this was the best first date ever." You admitted. "You think so? Good! I'm happy you had a good time." Mikey said as you stepped closer.

You grabbed both of his large paint covered hands, holding them delicately in yours. "I hope we can have another date." You said. "I.. that would be.. of course." Mikey settled with.

He stared at you as you stared at him. It was such a sweet moment.

"Okay guys, brought the popcorn and— WHAT THE SHELL HAPPENED IN HERE?!" Raph screamed.

You both looked at him, then back at Mikey's room. The tent was all torn up, and the buckets of paint were flooding the floors. Paint was splattered everywhere, somehow on the ceiling too.

"Oh— uh— oops.." you chuckled nervously.

"Ugh! You kids." Raph facepalmed.