•[2012 Donnie x fem reader]•

♡︎ A Healing Heart ♡︎

@horcam26 requested:
Hello. Is it okay if you write a story about Donnie x Female Reader after Donnie got heartbroken by April, please?

[comfort]
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

You always hated April.

Okay, okay, that was kind of harsh. You don't hate April, no not at all really, you get along with her so much, but, it hurts to see her playing with Donnie's heart. Especially since you have a crush on Donnie.

You knew April has always had a crush on Casey, yet, she still played with Donnie's heart like a toy, as if it was entertaining for her.

Your heart hurt from watching Donnie drool over April, but you just thought it was a simple crush, and Donnie would probably keep his feelings to himself forever.

Well, you were wrong.

You came to the lair like usual, ready to train with the turtles. Immediately once you walked in, you felt the heavy atmosphere weighing down on you.

You walked into the living area, seeing Mikey and Raph sitting on the couch, nervously twiddling their thumbs, and Leo was standing with his arms folded, looking in the direction of Donnie's room.

"Hey guys, why the long faces?" You questioned, walking next to Leo.

Leo sighed and glanced to the floor. "Donnie confessed to April," before Leo could even finish, you knew what was going on. "She rejected him." Leo finished.

"Yeah dudette, Donnie has been in his lab since yesterday evening! He didn't even come out for breakfast and lunch!" Mikey exclaimed, his arms shooting up to exaggerate his point. "It's real bad." Raph stated, not looking at you as he spoke.

"We tried everything we could, but he won't get out." Leo explained. Leo made eye contact with you. "I think it's best if you talk to him. We always pick on him, so he doesn't like dealing with his emotions with us," Leo rested a hand on your shoulder, making you face him. "But if you try, I know he will talk with you." Leo said.

You took in a deep breath as you looked to Donnie's lab, then back to Leo. Leo gave you a reassuring smile, and you nodded firmly.

"Okay, I can check on him." You said. You walked towards Donnie's lab, before turning to the brothers once more. "Wish me luck." You smiled nervously before continuing to walk to Donnie's lab.

You heard Leo cheering you on and Mikey yelling 'you got this' to you. You held in a chuckle and you finally stopped in front of Donnie's lab.

Before taking in one more deep breath, you knocked.

You heard only silence, so you spoke up. "Donnie? It's Y/n. I know you're not doing so well, I want to talk you. Or I could listen too, whatever it takes to help you. Just, please let me in, I need to make sure you are okay." You said, leaning your forehead against the door. "Please." You added.

You waited a couple minutes, and after hearing nothing, you retreated away from the door, ready to walk back to the turtles in defeat.

You knew he wouldn't talk to you.

You stopped in your tracks as you heard the door creak open. You turn to see a tired looking Donnie, a forced smile on his face. You both stare at each other for a couple of seconds, until you walked towards him, not noticing how close you got to his face.

"Donnie. No offense, but you don't look so good." You chuckle lightly, looking at his tired gaze. You barely noticed Donnie taking a step away from you a bit, blushing. "Yeah I um, I didn't sleep." Donnie admitted.

You sigh. "Can I come in?" You ask. Donnie glanced to the side, before slowly nodding and letting you in. You walk in and analyze the messy lab quickly, before seating yourself on the small couch.

Donnie plopped down beside you and sighed, both of your knees touching, making you feel butterflies in your stomach. You shake off the feeling as you look at Donnie.

"Wanna talk about what happened?" You asked. Donnie sighed again. "I'm happy you checked up on me, but, I don't want to be a bother." Donnie said, making your eyebrows furrow. You lay your hand on Donnie's large one, and give it a light squeeze, ignoring the blush about to appear on your face.

"Donnie, you could never ever ever be a bother, especially to me. I came here to listen and help in any way I can." You smiled, making Donnie smile too. "Okay..."

And Donnie told you every detail, from how he masterfully planned the confession all the way to when his heart shattered on that very evening. Donnie seemed close to tears, but he kept holding it in.

"..I did all of that work, and for nothing but a broken heart." Donnie finished, letting out a sad breath.

You came closer to Donnie and leaned your shoulder against his, as some sort of form of comfort. "And she started dating Casey. So, you know, that's great." Donnie said very sarcastically, the sadness in his voice not disappearing.

"I must be so stupid, to actually think a human would like a mere mutant." Donnie sighed, lowering his head.

Oh how you wanted to say how much you loved him, how this human right here would give the whole world to him. But you didn't, it wasn't the right time.

"Donnie," you reach your hand up, and bravely move his face to face you, cupping both of his cheeks with your hands. "Don't ever- and I mean ever call yourself stupid again. You are literally the most intelligent person I know." You firmly nodded, ensuring your words to him.

"I know someone out there loves- or will love you with all of their heart and soul. I just know it." You smiled, watching Donnie's expression turn from shock, to a soft happiness. Donnie sighed happily as he stared at you.

Donnie got this weird feeling inside of him, the same feeling that he got around April..

He panicked inside. He can't fall in love again, especially with another beautiful girl he knows for sure that doesn't like him back.

Donnie calmed down a bit when he felt your arms wrap around him, and Donnie felt safe. Not only that, he felt like he was floating.

Donnie smiled a bit, petting your head as your face was against his chest.

Sure, falling in love again and being heart broken again sounds terrifying, but, at this moment, he could care less about anything right now.

He felt like he was in love all over again, but not only that;

He felt loved.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A/n: hoped you liked it!

I love Donnie and he deserves to be loved, why can't April just love him?!?! 😫 but it's fine I guess, there's more room for us simps to love him 😏 😉