Chapter 52: Focus

Start from the beginning

Far to long.

His lips move against mine perfectly, first slowly then more urgently as he wraps his arms around my waist.

A soft moan coming from the back of my throat makes Harry smile against my lips. The sound spurring him to push my body against the wall behind me.

His hands slide up my back as mine tangle in his hair, loving the feel of it between my fingers.

I've missed it so much. Along with everything else.

The taste of his lips. The smell of his skin. The stark green of his eyes. Those damn panty dropping dimples. The way his hands run up and down my body, as if he can't get enough of me.

Every single aspect of him I've missed more then I thought humanly possible.

When we finally pull away we're both a panting mess. My whole body tingling as Harry stares into my eyes.

"If..." He takes a breath, resting his forehead against mine. "I'll make it work. I will. Just.. Stay with me tonight?"

My eyes widen at his request, a wave of excitement washing over me.

Then a wave of disappointment, knowing it wouldn't work. No matter how much I want it to.

Someone would see.

And all hell would break loose.

"Baby, I can make it work. Promise I can. Just please... Can't leave you. Not when I have you with me." He snatches up my hands, giving them a gentle squeeze. "Please Av... I'll make sure no one knows. I just need you with me. Just for one night."

"But I..."

"Please." He ducks down, capturing my lips in soft kiss. "Please come home with me. No one will find out. I'll make it work."

"How?" I question, trying to keep my head about me while my body is pleading me to just give in without a second thought.

Harry bites his lip as he thinks, making my effort to handle this rationally almost impossible.

I curse my hormones for their hand in my quickly weakening resolve. My emotions aren't the only thing they throw into overdrive.

"Don't know." Harry sighs, looking back and forth between my eyes. His own pleading with me. "But... Just come home. Please."

I close my eyes, attempting to gather my thoughts. The ones that are seeing this from a realistic standpoint. Not the ones that are only seeing a shirtless Harry laying in our bed.

"Av..." Another kiss is pressed to the corner of my mouth before his lips move to my ear. "Please. Stay with me tonight?"

When he leans back and looks deeply into my eyes, I know my mind is already made up. I couldn't change it if I tried. Not now.

Not when he's looking at me like that.

I nod, earning a dimpled smile and a breath of relief from Harry.

One more chaste kiss is pressed to my mouth before he takes my hand.

"I love you."

"I love you." I repeat his words, meaning them more then ever.

"Lets go home." He grins, squeezing my hand as he tugs me towards the door, swiftly unlocking it and pulling it open.

Two worried faces await us as we step out of the hallway.

"The waitress won't say anything." Gemma speaks up, looking at Harry. "But we should go. Now."

"Ava's coming with me."

"What?" Finn looks back and forth between Harry and I.

"Just for the night." Harry clarifies.

"Haz, that's a wretched idea." Gemma shakes her head.
"You know if anyone sees..."

"I know bloody well what would happen." Harry snaps, tightening his grip on my hand as if he's afraid I'll disappear.

"Then you know I'm right." Gemma raises her voice.

"You're not."

"I most certainly am." She huffs, her gaze shooting towards Finn. "This is mad. Finn, tell them this is mad!"

"It is mad." Finn looks at me. "But I think you should do it."

"What?!" Gemma's mouth drops open in shock along with mine. "But the baby and Ava.."

"Will be fine." Finn places his hand on her arm, his touch calming her. "Harry wouldn't put them in harms way. He'll make it work."

Both men share a nod as Gemma once again shakes her head.

"No one saw us come in." Harry states. "Did anyone spot you lot?"

"No." I finally speak.

"Alright then." He pauses, his eyes narrowing in thought. "The back is gated. That's where my car is parked. No one will see Ava get in and my windows are to dark for anyone to spot her. It will work."

"And if it doesn't?" Gemma questions.

"It will." Harry states with certainty.

"Well if you say so..." She scoffs.

"Let it go Gems." Finn places his hand on the small of her back. "They need this. And we need to go before someone spots them."

Gemma sighs, giving in unhappily. She pulls me into a tight hug before slapping Harry upside the head.

"Anything happens to my godchild or sister, I'm kicking your bony arse." She threatens.

"No need to hit me." Harry whines, rubbing the side of his head with his free hand. "But dually noted."

He gives Finn a quick handshake before sliding his sunglasses on and leading me once again down the narrow hallway, towards the back door of the cafe.

Every step making me more excited of the night to come. The thought of sleeping with Harry's arms around me making me quicken my pace.

I push away all my others worries. Knowing if I didn't I would turn right back around and refuse to leave with him.

So I focus on the large hand grasping mine. The tattoos I've come to love inked down the back of a tanned arm. The broad shoulders hidden underneath a white button up shirt.

I focus on Harry.

_____________________
Please click that little ⭐️ and vote!