Ch. 21

On a bus.
Coach: Back to your seat.

Issac: Stop thinking about it, man.
Boyd: [skeptically] Like you're not thinking about it, too?

Isaac: Well, stop thinking about it.
Boyd: I can't.
Isaac: Well, there's nothing you can do about it, either.
Boyd: You sure about that?

"Can someone just say what they're thinking about?" Lydia exclaims aggravated.

Danny: Everything okay?
Ethan: Yeah. Why?
Danny: You checked your phone three times in the last five minutes...
Ethan: [shrugging] Waiting on a message.
Danny: Anything important?
Ethan: No. Nothing.

Scott is leaning against a window, looking spaced out. And slightly pale.
Stiles: Yo, Scotty! Hey, yo! Scotty? Still with me?

Scott: [tiredly] Yeah, sorry. Uh, what's the word?
Stiles: "Anachronism."
Scott: Something that exists our of its normal time.

Stiles: Nice! Okay, next word-- "incongruous."
Scott: Uh, can you use it in a sentence?
Stiles: Yes. Yes, I can! It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now, on our way to some stupid cross-country meet, after what just happened. Incongruous.

Scott: Out of place, ridiculous, absurd.
Stiles: Perfect. Okay, next word. Um... Darach. Darach. It's a noun?

Scott looks at Stiles do a 'let's not talk about it' face.

Stiles: [sighing] We have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we're gonna be stuck in this thing for, like, five hours, so why not?
[sighing] Next word... "Intransigent."

Scott: Stubborn, obstinate...
Scott winces as they go over a bump.

Stiles: Oh, buddy, you okay?

Scott shows him his wound. Stiles starts to worry.

Stiles: We shouldn't have come. Does Venus know? I knew it-- we shouldn't have come.
Scott: We had to. There's safety in numbers.

Stiles: [exasperatedly] Yeah, well, there's also death in numbers, okay? It's called a "massacre"....Or "bloodbath..." "Carnage..." "Slaughter..." "Butchery..." Wow, that's...
[Scotts wound bleeds a little more.] All right, I'm telling Coach that--

Scott: [interrupting] No, no, no, no, I'm all right.
Stiles: [scoffing] Well, you don't look all. Please tell me you've spoken to Venus?
Scott: [weakly] I'm okay... and no I haven't spoken to her in like three days.
Stiles: shit!
Scott: [sighing] Okay... this may be a little painful.

Stiles: [horrified] Oh, dude...
Scott: I know it's bad, but it's because they're from an Alpha-- it'll take longer to heal.

Stiles: How come Boyd and Isaac are fine, then?
Scott: [sighing] I can't believe he's dead...I can't believe Derek's dead.

"Woah Woah what! I died!" Derek yells.
"He's dead!" Klaus says a little to excitedly, gaining him unimpressed looks.

Venus looks at Derek, giving him a sad smile. She may not have recuperated his feelings towards her but, she didn't want him dead.

In another car. Allison and Lydia tail there bus.

Allison: Am I getting too close? [nervously] I'm getting too close, aren't I?
Lydia: That depends... Are you just following the bus, or are you planning on mounting it at some point?
Allison: [nodding] Yeah, I should back off...

Lydia: Well, that also depends. Oh, do you mean the bus, or the ex-boyfriend you're currently stalking?
Allison: Well, after what happened, I'm not letting him out of my sight.

Lydia: Hmm.
Allison: And, by the way, this all started when he came knocking at my door.
Lydia: For what?

Flashback- Argent House, Morning the day before.

Scott: I found it outside of the school, right where Isaac got Boyd and Cora to turn back...
Allison: How do you know it's not from the archery team?

Scott: [amused] We don't have an archery team.
Allison: [sheepishly] Oh.
Scott: And, even if we did, they probably wouldn't be using military-grade armor-piercing titanium arrowheads...I looked it up.

Allison: [shrugging] Maybe it's one of my father's...?
Scott: I thought you guys had some kind of agreement where you both stay out of this?

Many of the people close to Scott (his mom, sister, Stiles and Noah) grumbled about toxicity.

Allison: Is that why you came here? To tell me to stay out of this?
Scott: No...
Allison: [skeptically] Okay. Well, I can take care of myself.
Scott: I know... But these guys? Allison, if you didn't notice, they're pretty terrifying. Plus, they have some serious advantages, like superhuman strength.

Allison: [smirking] You're pretty strong, and I can handle you...
Scott: [incredulously] Me?

"Honestly woman! Stop sending him mixed signals. You broke up with him but, you flirt with him. you don't love him anymore stop fucking leading him on you git!" Rebekah said, defending her best friends brother. And because deep down she knew all her relationships have been one sided. And she hated that.

Venus sent her a thankful glance, catching Rebekah off because she was not looking at her either. And Rebekah understood, she allowed her brother to flirt with another woman behind her back.

Allison: You don't think I'd have a chance against you?
Scott: I didn't say that...

Allison: Maybe you didn't notice, but I'm pretty good with a bow and arrow.
Scott: Okay, well, what if you didn't have it? I still have super strength.

Allison: [shrugging] I have skills and training.
Scott: I have claws.

Allison: I'm smarter.
Scott: Well, I'm faster.

Allison: [flirtatiously] Prove it.
Scott catches her hand, that was going to touch him.

Allison: ...Okay, I get it. You can let go now.
Scott: [guiltily] I'm sorry, I--
Allison: [interrupting] Don't-- don't apologize. You're right.
Scott: I was just trying--

Allison: I got it. You made your point.
Scott: [sighing] Allison... the twins were just messing with us. I've seen the others. I'm not telling you this because I don't think you couldn't easily kick my ass if you wanted to. I'm telling you this because they scare the hell out of me...

Scott: And they should scare you, too.

Scott enters the elevator, turning to see Deucalion.
Deucalion: Going down?

Still in the flashback.

Scott pants as he enters Derek's loft. Where the pack stands around a desk.

Scott: I know where they are.
Derek: Same building as the Argents. We know.

Scott looks shocked. And is about to ask how.

Boyd: Cora and I followed the twins.
Scott: ...Then they want you to know.

Peter: [shrugging] Or, more likely, they don't care.
Scott: [frowning] What is this?

Peter: Isn't it obvious? The schemers are scheming. Coming up with a coup de main-- better known as a pre-emptive strike.

Venus couldn't help the chuckle that left her mouth. Peter grinned in pride, someone indeed his humor!

Scott: [incredulously] You're going after them?
Derek: [nodding] Tomorrow. And you're gonna help us.

"You could've worded that better," Venus and Elijah said in sync. Causing the two to catch each other's eyes. Neither realizing the jealous glare Klaus was sending the two.

VENUS MCCALL (ON HOLD)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara