Ch. 10

Past NEw Orleans, 1887

Rebekah awakens, her hair styled in the 1830s fashion, and sits up in bed. Klaus sits nearby, twirling the silver dagger with its point balanced on a table.

Klaus: Well, it's about time. I was bored waiting... but I did so want to see your face, and it is, indeed, priceless.

Venus scolds Nik, "you- can't- keep- daggering- them- every- time- they- do-something- on- their- own!"  She tells him between smacks.

"Good god woman! Stop hitting me!" All of his siblings smirk, their love for the girl building.

Rebekah: You bastard. What day is it?
Klaus: Sunday.
Rebekah: I have been daggered for a whole week? Marcel – what have you done to him?
Klaus: It's 1887, Rebekah. You've been daggered for 52 years.

Rebekah: What?
Klaus: And don't worry about Marcel. I presented him with a choice: he could choose to undagger you and live out the rest of his human days with you, or–
Rebekah: No.
Klaus: –I could turn him instead, as he's always wanted, in exchange for giving you up.
Rebekah: No. He wouldn't do that to me.
Klaus: Oh, but he did.

Marcel enters the room bearing a candle. He looks at Rebekah, expressionless, and Rebekah squints her eyes shut, devastated.

"That's terrible," Lydia says to the blonde, she nods grimly.

Present

Rebekah awakens on the same bed as she did in 1887, Marcel standing at the end of it.

Marcel: Welcome back, Rebekah. You were out for quite a while.
Rebekah: Where am I? How'd I get here?
Marcel: You upset Davina. I'm glad you two finally got to meet. Now you know what you're dealing with.
Rebekah: Is this my old room?
Marcel: Oh, it's mine now. Just like this town is mine, Davina's mine, (causing said girl to scoff. Realizing the originals may be right about the manipulation.) and Elijah is mine until I feel like giving him back. What was once yours, what was once your brother's – it's now mine.

He turns and walks toward the door, turning back to Rebekah to say one last thing.

Marcel: And don't ever touch Cami again.

It's morning; Klaus enters their room while Venus is still sleeping. He watches her for a moment, when Venus speaks.

Venus: you need to fix the A/C it's like a fucking sauna in here.
Klaus: you're awake darling.
He hesitates for a moment before asking his next question.
Klaus: the witch gave you wolfsbane, why didn't you take it? These children will cause you to become a target.

Venus looks shocked before answering.
Venus: Honey... when I was fighting off those vampires, I – I realized I wasn't just protecting myself. push came to shove, and... I realized I wouldn't let anyone hurt them. I would never kill an innocent set of babies. And I'm so happy that we're having them.

Klaus: so we will protect them with our lives. We're being pushed into another corner again.
Venus: Well, since we're in another corner what do we do?
Klaus: Ah, that we are. It's time to fight... little wolf.
After gently placing a kiss to Venus' head, Klaus backs away and moves to leave.

Venus: This whole thing with Marcel – the deal you have with the witches, trying to take him down, take what's his – Rebekah told me that you two once loved each other like family. What happened?
Klaus: I made Marcel everything that he is. I treated him like a son. And when my father chased me and my family from New Orleans a hundred years ago, we believed Marcel was killed – we each mourned him, in our own way. Yet, when I returned, I found not only had he survived, he had thrived. Instead of seeking us out, instead of sticking together as one, he made a choice to take everything my family had built and make it his own. Now, he is living in our home, he is sleeping in our beds. That 'M' he stamps everywhere... it's not for 'Marcel'. It's for 'Mikaelson'. I want it all back, and if I have to push him out to get it, then that's exactly what I'll do. I'll have someone see to the air conditioning.

"That's some backstory you have there." Stiles says as if he's a Bond villain.
Venus snorts amusingly at her brother in all but blood.

Klaus leaves Venus room and hurries down the stairs, only to meet Rebekah as she enters the front door.

Rebekah: You were right. The girl, Cami – she's the key. Marcel likes her, and because of that I got to see the secret weapon of his that you've been going on about.
Klaus: Well, don't stand on ceremony. What is it?
Rebekah: It's not a 'what', it's a 'who'. A girl, Davina. She can't be more than sixteen, and I have never felt power like that.
Klaus: A witch.
Rebekah: She's not just any witch, she's something I've never seen before, something beyond powerful, and now because of you she has Elijah. Who knows what she could do to him.
Klaus: Where is she?

Rebekah stops to think, then looks confounded.

Rebekah: That clever bitch. I don't know.
Klaus: What's wrong?
Rebekah: She wiped my memory of the location. Marcel possesses a weapon bigger and more powerful than an Original, and you handed our brother to him! How many times will Elijah forgive you? How long until his hope for your redemption finally dies?
Klaus: I did what I had to do! Marcel took our home!
Rebekah: And our home is worthless without family. I am finding Elijah – whatever it takes. Are you going to help me?
Klaus: Whatever it takes.

"Sweetheart, as I said before I'm not going to let any of this happen to you ok?" Vee tells Davina.

Marcel enters the attic; Davina is drawing at an easel. She turns when Marcel draws near.

Marcel: I'm sorry about that unpleasantness.
Davina: She doesn't scare me. None of them do.

Marcel: I didn't think they would, honey. But, the thing is, it seems like they're here to stay.
Davina: They don't belong here.

Marcel: Might be kinda tough to convince them of that... which is why I need to ask you for a favor. I'm gonna need you to figure out how we kill an Original.

"What the fuck? He literally took over your city. Lives in your home. And is manipulating a traumatized teenager to do his dirty work! What kind of man is he?" Venus screams. "When this is over and we leave this room I am going to kill him."