Ch. 28

DEREK'S LOFT

JENNIFER: Are you sure you want to do that?
DEREK: I have to find the others. They think I'm dead.

JENNIFER: Well, maybe that's a good thing... You know how many characters in literature use a false death to their advantage? You ever read Les Mis? '...'Tale of Two Cities? ...Romeo and Juliet?

DEREK: They need to know.
JENNIFER: Do you have any idea how bad you look? You're like one giant open wound. I'm not entirely sure you aren't really dead.

Derek sighs in shame. Kol snickers at the idiot who thought he was a smart man. Davina sends him a small smile.

GLEN CAPRI MOTEL-- PARKING LOT

ETHAN: Didn't you hear what I just said? I don't know how I got there, or what I was doing.
STILES: Okay, you could be a little more helpful, you know? We did just save your life.
ETHAN: And you probably shouldn't have.

Stiles although looks at himself, he didn't think he would ever be able to let anyone die. His older sister taught him morality.

LYDIA: What now?
ALLISON: I'll find Scott-- you guys grab Isaac and Boyd. The best thing we can do is get them out of this place.

LYDIA: What? Why are you looking at me like that?
STILES: Oh, no, I w--
LYDIA: Stiles...

STILES: [sighing] All right, Lydia. I didn't want to say anything, but this? Everything we're going through? We've kind of been through something like this before.
LYDIA: What do you mean? When?

STILES: Your birthday party... the night you poisoned everyone with wolfsbane.

Stiles' mouth twists into a thin line, looking at Lydia in regret. The twins though look at the two and fake gag. They're almost as sappy as they were before.

Noticing the twins Lydia and Stiles both blush furiously no longer holding each others gaze.

GLEN CAPRI MOTEL- BOYD & ISAAC'S ROOM

DETECTIVE: [voiceover] Do you remember what time it was when you last saw her?
YOUNG BOYD: [voiceover] I don't know... I can't remember.

DETECTIVE: [voiceover] Sometimes, it helps to put yourself right back in the moment. Imagine you're seeing Alicia skating on the ice rink-- plenty of other people. And then what?

YOUNG BOYD: [voiceover] And then, she was just... she was just gone. I told you, I was watching her. I didn't want to skate anymore. I was tired, and I swear, I was watching her...

DETECTIVE: [voiceover] It's all right, Vernon. We're just trying to piece together what happened.
YOUNG BOYD: [voiceover] Is she dead? Is it my fault?

BOYD: Is she dead? Is she dead? Is it my fault? Is she dead?

DEREK'S LOFT

JENNIFER: You don't have any bandages or any kind of first aid anywhere-- I looked.
DEREK: I usually don't need 'em.

JENNIFER: How do we fix you up?
DEREK: Time.
DEREK: You shouldn't be here.
JENNIFER: Why's that?

DEREK: Because you don't know me. You don't know anything about me.
JENNIFER: Maybe I have a feeling about you.

DEREK: [glumly] It shouldn't be a good one. Everyone around me... Everyone gets hurt.
JENNIFER: I've been hurt before.
DEREK: Not like this.

Peter groans, "oh god, it's so easy to manipulate you!" Derek is about to protest when he sees that everyone around him silently agrees.

GLEN CAPRI MOTEL