Ch. 9

Extra long chapter +the next one before it shifts back to showing teen wolf
~~

Klaus throws a final body onto a small pile in the front courtyard while he berates Rebekah and Venus for their behavior.

Klaus: This is why I told you never to leave the house. Werewolves are banned in the Quarter. I had a plan, and your little nighttime stroll put it all in peril! Leave him!

Rebekah had started walking toward the pile of bodies - one of them was still alive - but at Klaus' last command, she stops.

Klaus: You've done enough, don't you think? Leaving a trail of bodies like a road map to my door?
Rebekah: If I hadn't overheard this lot bragging about werewolf heads, everyone here would be screwed. And don't give me that crap about having a plan. You've had all the time in the world to execute a plan, and no one's seen you do a damn thing! Elijah made a deal to protect your child, so that it could save you from your selfish, rotten self. But you obviously don't give a damn about Elijah, because what have you done to honor it?

Klaus: I have done everything. Let me spell it out for you, shall I? From the day I arrived, Marcel hasn't trusted me. From Day One, he's had his vampires ingest toxic vervain which, as you know, little sister, protects them from my mind control.

Past

Klaus talks to Cami at a bar.

Klaus: So, my mate, Marcel. Nice bloke, don't you think?
Cami: No. He's charming, sexy, confident, incredibly hot. But let's be honest - he's a bad boy, right? Like you. And right now, I only need good in my life, not someone who's -
Klaus: Tragically wounded and damaged by demons he can't escape.
Cami: The - damaged ones. They're not good. At least, not for me.

She moves to leave, but Klaus rises and takes her hand.
Klaus: I understand, I do. However - (compelling her) - give him one chance, then I need you to tell me where he goes, and who he sees.

Back to present

Klaus grabs the vampire that's still alive from the pile.

Klaus: And this one - I'm gonna drain him of vervain, compel him to believe his mates found religion and moved to Utah, so that he can explain to Marcel why he lost three more vampires tonight.

He drags the vampire into the house; Rebekah and Venus follow him inside.

Klaus: Does anyone have any more questions? No? Good, because I have a question. Venus, what were you doing in the bloody French Quarter in the first place?

Venus: I was walking to let my mid catch up on all of this. I didn't know that werewolves were fucking killed her for sport!

The werewolves in the room, the type B ones at least are used to being hunted but, not for fun.

Klaus is irritated by her yelling at him.
Rebekah notices and drags his attention.

Rebekah: Nik! NIK!

Rebekah runs at Klaus with vampire speed, and grabs him by the shoulders.

Rebekah: It's okay to care. It's okay to want something. That's all Elijah was trying to do, all he's ever wanted for you. All we've ever wanted.

Klaus, calmed down but reeling from being confronted with his feelings, sits down on the stairs. Rebekah sits beside him.

Klaus: I gave Elijah to Marcel.
Rebekah: What?
Klaus: Marcel was nervous. It's bad enough one Original returned to town, but two? His crew was getting antsy. He wanted Elijah gone, so... I gave him a peace offering.